Switching devices needed.

fahadkhan

Joined Nov 19, 2009
Hi
I need electronic switching devices that take the following voltages and currents at the input and provide them to DC loads connected at the output. The switches are to be controlled by control signals that come from a controller. So every switch must have three terminals. An input terminal, a control signal terminal ( to turn the switch ON or OFF) and an output terminal.The currents and voltages at the input are as follows:
1. A switching device for 144V, 400A
2. A switching device for 144V, 110A
3. A switching device for 24V, 15A
Can anyone suggest suitable devices? Thanks.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't know if they come that big, but Google SSR's (AKA solid state relays). Basically a optically coupled triac and LED.

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Anyone messing with this voltage and power should already have a pretty good backgound in power electronics of be an electrician. Is this true here?

fahadkhan

Joined Nov 19, 2009
No sorry I am afraid I have almost no background in power electronics. I am a fresh internee at an organisation and have been assigned the task to find a switching device meeting the above specs. I would be obliged if someone can suggest specific devices( their names and links to their data sheets). Thanks to all of you for your useful feedback.

I believe you should seek professional help in this endeavor, as there are many questions that have to be answered in terms of loads, not just voltage and current.
How to control a power handling device is probably as important as the device itself.

Regards, DPW