Switching Box for Transducers measuerment

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by mdarabi, Aug 12, 2015.

1. mdarabi

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Hi everyone.

I want to measure the thickness of plastic. Because of the expensive devices for transducer I just have one device that I can read the data from it. But I want to measure 4 different points with some delay. I want to design a switching box that the input comes from the ultrasonic device and send it to point A and measure the thickness of point A and after 1 second send the signal to point B ad measure the point B and after 1 second send the signal to point C and measure the point C and the same for point D. The switching frequency should be 5MHz. Is anyone can help me ?

Thanks
    Mostafa

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Welcome to AAC!
    If you are redirecting the signal at 1 second intervals why do you want a switching frequency of 5MHz? Or do you mean that the switch must be able to pass 5MHz signals?
    What voltage and current need to be switched?

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Another point in question: How does 5MHz relate to, "ultrasonic"?

4. mdarabi

Aug 12, 2015
    I meant the transducer's signal has 5MHz frequency so the switching box frequency should greater than 5MHz

5. mdarabi

Aug 12, 2015
    Yes The switch must be able to pass 5MHz signals because of transducer's frequency. I have not received my package yet to know about the current and voltage but I wanted to know how to design the switching box

6. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Don't you have a datasheet you can link to?