SwitcherCAD III Simulator

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by MIRINGU, Aug 5, 2008.

1. MIRINGU

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Hi, very sorry for repeated que about this.This is my first working with this circuit simulator when i saw it in AAC(forums) n downloaded it .
    1. when u draw a circuit and u want to know if your shematic is correct or not, or u want to know if the values you input are right(eg u could have used a 10k resistor instead of 22k) how do u go about it?
    I've checked up in this link but still not satisfied.
    http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/cel/Electronics-cel.html
    2.How do u know if the cct shematic is right by the graphs of simulation it produced when u click the run icon?
    PLS help..

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    What post did you find it in to download?

3. MIRINGU

Mar 18, 2007
    i saw it in the posted by swappo n then used google to search for download.
    link(forums.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=11319)

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    The answer to both questions is that you have to have a set of requirements so that you can evaluate the circuit with respect to those requirements. If you have no requirements then every circuit that you come up will meet them.

5. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Each resistor in a circuit has a function. You need to understand what the resistor does in order to select a value for it.

The wrong value of the feedback resistor in an opamp circuit will result in the wrong amount of gain.
    The wrong value for the base bias resistor for a transistor will result in it clipping one side of an AC signal.

6. MIRINGU

Mar 18, 2007
    Pls give some examples of requirements which should be included

7. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Have you read the ebooks on this site? They might provide you with the insight you seek.

8. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    IMHO, his question is way too general. There are almost as many answers as there are electronic schematics.

9. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    This is a nonsensical request, because I have no idea what you are trying to do. You ask yourself a series of questions, and the answers are your requirements. You might well ask
    1. How is it powered?
    2. What are the inputs?
    3. What are the outputs?
    4. What is the behavior under different circumstances?
    Are you getting the idea?