switch with place

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Lightfire, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Lightfire

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
  2. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    It is probably a two pole switch. Try either left or right side. Either one should be useable for two wires.

3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    The link you posted shows literally hundreds of switches and covers.

Please show exactly what your switch looks like. Your drawing does not provide useful information.

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Brother of Lightfire,

It is so easy to register on this AAC forum (and it is free) that I would strongly urge you to register and then you never again need to start off your threads with the phrase "I am the brother of lightfire".

hgmjr

5. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    Hello,

As I told somewhere in forum, it is only allowed to register once with the same IP. I tried already and I got error showing that only one account are allowed to register in all about circuits forum...

good day!

@SgtWookie

Let me buy some switches in store and I will take a picture of it...

P.S. @ hgmjr, if you can, create me one account...

6. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    OK, I purchased a switch.

Here's the pictures.

As you may see, there's a four circles and I don't where to put the wire and how...

So, i need your help...

Here's the picture...

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I have two accounts to see how some of my lamer stuff looks to outsiders. It will work, as long as you have a unique email address. I strongly recommend setting up your own account. If you have problems post in the forum Feedback and Suggestions Forum. The administrators will take care of you.

Generally the actual switch (the electrical part) connects to the junction box inside the wall. Those screws are hidden.

The cover plate attaches to the switches. Since you have two pair of screw holes you have two switches. Needless to say, the cover plates must match the switches. I have been known to use a Dremel to match odd combinations I couldn't find.

8. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    Hello,

Well, I just want one device to have a switch. But there are 4 circles and I don't know what the purpose of it as if I might know, it's only have 2 circles...

9. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    The four places are just two connection points PER pole.

[​IMG]

Notice the neutral and ground are not switched - just split and sent out of the junction box. The ground is attached to the metal junction box as well.

It doesn't matter which side you use for hot and for load, but they must be on opposite sides of each other. The top and bottom screws on each side are connected together, so you can connect to either one.

10. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    what? sorry. :) i cant understand... i will just put it on DC not in electric :)) just in 12 v battery :))) but what pole should i use if i will use only one??? and how???

means i can switch off and on i mean switch the two devices in just one switch??? right???