"switch triggering switch"??

habarabadabas

Joined Apr 16, 2014
Could you help me guys, im having a project that requires an alarm to turn of on some conditions. Here's the picture of it..

So there're these two switches, the selector switch and the "other switch". The situation goes like this, if the selector switch is turned to C, the alarm would turn on. But there's this "other switch" that could turn the alarm off. So let's say, "I'm gonna use the C mode, cause I'm supposed to do something", so I'll use the "other switch" to turn the alarm off cause I don't want the alarm to be buzzing around when I'm operating at C mode. Now here's the thing, when the selector switch is turned from C mode to either A or B mode, the "other switch" would automatically re-close. My problem here is the "other switch". Is there any switch functioning like this? Or any device functioning this way?

the thing is, i need something on the switches so that whenever the selector switch is turned to A or B, the switch will automatically return to it's original state..

i already messed with relays, PLC's and stuffs, i just can't figure out how to do it..

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
the thing is, i need something on the switches so that whenever the selector switch is turned to A or B, the switch will automatically return to it's original state..

You need one like inwo posted, The description is 'Centre off, Spring Return from Right and Left to Centre.
You can get combinations such as maintained right - spring return left, or vice versa.
These are discontinued by Telemecanique now and now originate from China at a much reduced price than the original.
Switch Sections come in N.C. and N.O.
Try ebay.
Max.