switch to control 2 points?

still_learning

Joined Aug 20, 2012
hi wondering if anyone can help me.
i have 2 buttons on a pcb ive run 2 wires to each so 4 in total, im wanting to put a small pcb switch on the end and then run 2 more wires from the pcb switch to a tactile/momentary switch
so what im trying to do is have either button 1 or button 2 on or off by the use of this 'pcb switch' and have the tactile/momentary switch control it whilst its in the on position..

the pcb switch needs to be small so any links or a name for what i should be looking for would be greatly appreciated even a link to such a switch would help many thanks inadvance!!!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Just browse the Mouser catalog. It has lots of tools to help you find what you need, including pictures. For instance, you'll be able to filter out surface mount switches and look at only through-hole switches, if that's what you need. Digi-key and Newark are two other popular choices, and there are more.

I think you've described a single pole, single throw switch, or SPST, like a light switch. You need to be sure about that, whether you need SPST or DPDT.

ramancini8

Joined Jul 18, 2012
If you bore down on a part by looking for volume pricing, in the digi-key web you can get to the manufacturer's data sheets that have the tech and size info on them.