Switch mod.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ecjohnny, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ecjohnny

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Thanks for the repeater mod help from my other thread.

Here is a new challenging task given by me. i am using a hanger (like a hook) to hang a key.

How can i make switch or any solutions that i can achieve below procedure:

1) a key hanging to the hook will open the circuit.

2)When anyone remove the key, it will closed circuit(complete circuit) and my
    transmitter will be activated.

3) here is what i am stuck with since i have closed the switch, the transmitter will keep on transmitting thereby wasting power UNTIL i return the key. how can i open up the circuit again WITHOUT hanging back the key.

4) Key returns and it STILL a open circuit and back to step 1.

Any method/ solution are welcome. If your answer is a pressure switch, please explain me how it works. i have never use it before.

Thanks a lot.

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    You can use a small limit switch on the hook to sense that the key has been removed and then use a timer (may a 555) to switch off the transmitter after a while.

3. ecjohnny

Jul 16, 2005
  4. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Yes, i am talking about this switch. As for the circuit this works on an astable mode, you have to build a monostable circuit.
    Look here for more information:

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/555timer.htm

5. ecjohnny

Jul 16, 2005
    Does this circuit work for me?
    http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/projects/timer.htm

i know i don't need the red LED and buzzer .

All i want is the a lever switch connect to the 555 switch and output my transmitter.

however if my transmitter have 9V battery. how can i use it also for the 555 timer? i mean combine them all up? hope you get me :confused:

6. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Just connect the 555 circuit and the transmitter on the same 9 volt battery.