Suv450

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
That is my current plan.
Jens has to use too 1N4148 diodes instead of one. Or Make pads and holes for both.
So If I get the diode I can use it, if not I can use two diodes in series..
Which diode? D4 in my schema? Or all of them? (post #58)

I 4got an important point.

The header details is not the same as the pcb ( amp ) See the picture in 1st post. All the connections should be terminated at the bottom header. card is like a umm plug in type
Plug-and-pray card. :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The header connector should be in the middle. 1cm can be allowed from each side of the header.

The width is 1cm from each side of the header. Height is not critical. U can take as much space as needed. Just keep the component spaced decently,not too close to each other.

One more thing jens. See the picture, the one I made. There should be only one JP. One header. Not TWO. U cannot use the original schematic. That is why I redrew the circuit. The one I drew is per the PCB used in the amplifier

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
The header connector should be in the middle. 1cm can be allowed from each side of the header.

The width is 1cm from each side of the header. Height is not critical. U can take as much space as needed. Just keep the component spaced decently,not too close to each other.

One more thing jens. See the picture, the one I made. There should be only one JP. One header. Not TWO. U cannot use the original schematic. That is why I redrew the circuit. The one I drew is per the PCB used in the amplifier
I don't quite follow you..:(

How do you want the layout to be? The headers are named/labeled, let's use the names. Do you want the JP2 header in center and 1 cm "component-free" area around? What about JP1 header? Isn't it better to have a place to connect wires?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Okay.

Another try. JP2 is in center of the board, 1cm above the edge, and there is free spacing around.

Spacing between the wires and the GND plane will be bigger. I see now that it can be a little too tight. :)

Boardsize is now 80 x 64mm

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Tht's more like it.

But there need to be a little change.

I have taken some pictures of the amp, am preparing them for upload and from tht u can see exactly what u need to change.

JP1 needs to be at the bottom, the distance between JP1 and 2 needs to be critical. From the picture u can figure out the measurement.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
To start here is what I am fiddling with

A peek at what's left of the inside,

Here is the close up of the actual V amp PCB connector

The three header at the left is the Audio input (JP1), the rest 7 pins are the Power and biasing with pre-drive lines.

This picture shows the maximum width the card can occupy.

I believe it is around 7cm. The height is 8cm max.

This picture is for Jens to make sure the headers are spaced accurately

Hope U get the complete picture.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009

The picture shows the solder side of the two headers.

Jens, As u can see the L,R & AGND, are the left , right inputs which comes from the volume control and in the middle is the analog GND, which is the main ground here.
I believe u have everything u need, right.?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
This is much better. If I only had this in the first place. :rolleyes: I'll check dimensions and spacing when I get home from job, later today.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This is much better. If I only had this in the first place. :rolleyes: I'll check dimensions and spacing when I get home from job, later today.
I know. what to do, I got my hands full. Too many things to take care of.
Besides it ain't easy to take the pictures. It will be like, if I got time, no camera. When camera is on hand, I got other stuff to take care of. So it dragged. :(

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I know. what to do, I got my hands full. Too many things to take care of.
Besides it ain't easy to take the pictures. It will be like, if I got time, no camera. When camera is on hand, I got other stuff to take care of. So it dragged. :(
I am familiar with tons of work to do, and too little time to do it. That requires more structural ways of working. And keeping the desk/workbench clean and tidy at all times. :eek:

"Everything has its place, and everything is in its place." - Like that's going to happen!

I'll update the board when I get home.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
See attachment for header spacing. Should this be OK?

Sorry for the lousy quality...

Working on component placement. Which pin on JP1 is Left channel? How can I see that from the schema in post #11

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
L or R which side does not matter. The spacing is a little low. should not it 2.5mm between hole centers., The headers used are same as those in the Eagle's library. I will check the .lb file and attach it.