survey-how many ladies here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by happyganl, Dec 17, 2009.

1. happyganl

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Just wonder

2. S_lannan

Jun 20, 2007
    i'm only a lady on wednesday

3. happyganl

Dec 17, 2009
    i am the second one.hah

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Not so many ladies I guess. If there are any I have a question for yah. Do you feel your knowledge of electronics and all things techy intimidates guys or turns them on? I've never run into a female that actually knew more then me on these items, but I would imagine it would be intimidating. Not that there aren't millions that don't know more then me, just that I have never had the pleasure of working with any.

5. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    I guess you never worked in the UCLA Plasma lab! Intimidating brainy Chinese ladies all over the place. Which is what inspired me to write Plasma Dreams. :)

eric

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Wish there were more ladies here. Maybe then I could get a date.

7. Nanophotonics

Apr 2, 2009
    I guess it's same for me. I always find myself teaching them instead. Or maybe they keep it secret and enjoy being taught by the guys :D. Engineering hasn't always been appealing to the female gender. The reason why, I don't know. I've seen many more doing physics or medical sciences for example.

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    They're here, somewhere. When I see a name like Fragrance, or Sherry, I kinda suspect it isn't a guy.

9. Nanophotonics

Apr 2, 2009
    Oh yeah, we have a handful of Chinese ladies in the electronic engineering department, few indians maybe, but no british.

10. happyganl

Dec 17, 2009
    funny ,huh.
    I dont like electronics in fact. I always make sutpid mistake on it.
    even a little project i also need my workmate to help me.
    so if i browse some electronic forums,mostly its the off-topic.

11. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I've had a five females working for me in the 80s as Electronics Technicians. All but two were part of my instructor staff and all had experience in the equipment they taught. The other two worked in a major depot for me.

Of those, two didn't re-enlist, one because of pregnancy and one wasn't a very good technician. The other three did well and I'm sure they all are retired by now, as it's been almost thirty years since they worked for me.

12. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    I met an extremely pretty young lady who was an IT techie at a bank head office.
    Then I found out that she dates girls.:(

13. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I hate that when it happens.

14. kdillinger

Jul 26, 2009
    It would not matter to me what gender new more than me. I enjoy a colleague, male or female, that I could learn from.

(flame alert!)

The greater 'issue' is the behavior of some women in engineering. There was a funny piece that I cannot find, but the theory goes like this:

A women, who would rank a 6, enters in an engineering discipline and immediately the brainy, nerdy male engineers are enthralled that there is actually a girl in their class. Over a period of time this girl begins to think she is a 10 and acts like a 12. The question is: Whose fault is it? The girl for having an inflated sense of self-worth or the men for thinking with the wrong head?

I have seen it first hand when I was in school and it always seems to strike the American born women regardless of their race or ethnicity.

15. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You're point is? :D

I've seen something similar in combat robotics. Thing is, we had a MIT student that liked the hobby that was an 8 before you added bonus points. She also had a boyfriend, but she sure was nice on the eyes.

16. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I have had female Professional associates,none would
    have any part of this post.The best policy would be
    let them start the conversation,you would be surprised
    how Interesting that could be.

17. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    A female doing better than me at electronics? well i would ask her to teach me more and see if i can get a date out of it LOL :D

18. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    The Isle of Wrong-------------Identification of science
    dig up up your back yard.

19. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    what looswire? what do you mean

20. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Just joking,some times online adults pretend to be young people,
    under age talk sex send pictures and get people in trouble.