supply for a BLDC motor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Manjaks, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Manjaks

Thread Starter New Member

May 2, 2010
    Hello,

few days ago I received the Magic-pie motor (BLDC type, 1 kW) which I bought for my project - research of BLDC motors in transport. By default the motor comes with a 24/36/48V battery (depending on motor voltage).
    But I need to run this motor from a continious power source. I tried to supply it via 3-phase rectifier + parallel capacitors to get a perfect DC. Unfortunately the motor does not want to work in that way.

My question is - why the motor does not work without the battery... and how can I get him to run thru rectified voltage?

Here is how it looks - http://www.goldenmotor.com/

2. jimkeith

Oct 26, 2011
    What happens when you connect the 3 phase rectifier to the battery as a charger?

3. Manjaks

Thread Starter New Member

May 2, 2010
    umm there is the problem, I don't have the battery (it comes by default with motor, but I did not buy it because it was quite expensive), so I have to run the motor without it.

4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    May seem like a dumb question but, did you also get the controller? A BLDC motor will not work with out the controller.

Also you say your power supply has "parallel capacitors" to give "perfect DC" what is the value of your capacitors?