Superposition

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by dynomite4224, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dynomite4224

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Can someone please help me solve this problem i have attached im having a hay day with it! Ive solved the problem like four differnt times and none seems to be working at all. Im not sure if for the current for d you can just use omhs law because its parallel voltage or not. Each time i solve for the current of d i get a new value. D is the point at which i need to solve for the current. Im trying to solve with just the voltage sorce in for now.

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Would you mind posting the values of the components using text? It is not entirely clear from looking the attachment.

What have you been able to do on the problem so far?

hgmjr

3. dynomite4224

Apr 10, 2008
    A= 15v<25*
    B=+j10ohm
    c=.5A<15*
    D=20-j30ohm
    e=25ohm
    F=10+j10ohm

Well so far i redrew the circuit without the current source, i solved the circuit amperage at d just buy the idea that voltage is the same in parallel so i took the 15v<25deg and div by the resistance at d to give me a current but for some reason im not to sure thats right so then i broke the whole circuit down and came out with a Ztotal and then using the voltage calculated the total current in the circuit and then used the current divider rule and soled for d, but neither answer is the same. Ive run through the whole circuit at each point and calculated the e,i,and r but nothing seems to be totaling right.

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    It is hard to tell from the sketch. Does the current source at "C" have an arrow pointing downward?

hgmjr

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Can you write your calculations using the forum's LATEX feature?

For example:

V=\frac{15\angle18}{10-j12}

hgmjr

6. dynomite4224

Apr 10, 2008
    Yes the arrow is pointing downward the current is going out the bottom...this is my first post on here im not to sure how to use to LATEX feature. I have so many calculations but once i know how to use the feature i can right down what i think may be on the right track.

7. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    To access the LaTex menu, open up a post reply window and then look along the top of the form for the \Sigma symbol. Click on it and that will open up the LaTex menu of choices.

hgmjr

8. dynomite4224

Apr 10, 2008
    Ok, sorry it took so long to respond. Ive been looking over this problem all weekend im almost 100 percent i was able to solve with the voltage source in place. The next thing i am stuck on is when i am solving for the current source im not to sure which way the current is traveling through the circuit. I think i have an idea but im not a 100 percent if it is correct. I will attach a picture showing how i think it is flowing could anyone help me out as if to it is correct? I am trying to solve for the current at the Z1 impedance. If this is correct the current would be 0?