superheteordyne radio receiver

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Kldnz, May 5, 2016.

1. Kldnz

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    hello I need a superheterodyne radio receiver with all the parts... can any 1 help me with that? I don't need a very complex one a simple one would work to I just need it to have all the main parts like the detector heterodine filter etc... don't know all the names of those components because English is not my native language.

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    [​IMG]

Build each block according to your desired outputs.

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    thumb2 likes this.
  4. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    If you are working in the 1MHz AM band then all the stages could be build with low-noise, high frequency op amps with a multiplier for the mixer.

thumb2 likes this.
  5. Kldnz

Feb 8, 2016
    sorry for misunderstanding but i need a real circuit with real elements transistros diodes etc. and it needs to be a real radio receiver. but not a very difficult one. it should include amplifier, mixer(with heterodine or sepereate ones) decoder filter etc... sorry for not telling u that... and it should not include any microchips if possible...

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    q

I'll assume this is for you to get a grade. The onus is on you to do the work, as the membership here can, upon receipt of your work, advise you whether or not it works as you want it to.

Here's a link to an AM-FM superhet kit

7. Kldnz

Feb 8, 2016
    No. I don't need it for a grade i just need a real circuit and then in a test 2 weeks from now i'll need to draw out certain parts of it like mixer decoder. I can tell which parts it is and how it looks and after what it goes... But googling a circuit is really
    Hard because it shows complex ones and i don't need a complex one. So thaths why I'm asking here. Because i can't find a simple
    Circuit anywhere;(

8. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    Can you give us an example of what you think a simple circuit is?

If the circuit has to be a superheterodyne radio receiver, it will NOT be simple. At least for me.

9. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Ok, you are doing it for a grade in two weeks when you draw it out and probably explain it.

I gave you a block diagram in the second posting and here is an AM superhet receiver kit manual. You can associate portions of the schematic to each block, and then proceed to study.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  10. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  11. Kldnz

Feb 8, 2016
    I need to find a circuit on the internet. So i thought of asking here. I don't need to draw it myself since we didn't learn abou all the parts yet.

12. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Just where did you think I found that manual? It was on the internet. All the circuits in a superhet are on that schematic. Read the last manual I gave you.

panic mode likes this.
  13. Kldnz

Feb 8, 2016
    http://imgur.com/DdEyvLT
    So this is the circuit thanks to JoeJester thank you. And i marked some parts of it and i will name it and can anyone tell me if I'm correct or not?
    marked red is the entering circuit the signal comes through here
    Green is the frequency changer maybe with superheterodyne im not totally sure about this...
    Purple is 2 stage amplifier which amplifies the lets say 455kHz signal? right?
    and then black is detector which detects the signal? but I'm not totally sure from which side the signal comes to detector after the amp or from frequency changer (mixer) I will need to draw one of these parts for my test so i wanna make sure I got this right...
    Also I will need to draw a simple superheterodyne circuit Uploading the picture is this draw right?
    http://imgur.com/nCrap8V

Thank you for all the help can some one help me with this the test is in 5 days... and I wan't a good grade...

14. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Can you tell me about the word hetrodyne .... And why the receiver is a super hetrodyne?

15. Kldnz

Feb 8, 2016
    It's the thing that adds another frequency to the mixer. Different from the signal frequency.

16. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

If you want to know more what is happening in the mixer, read the attached PDF's.

Bertus

17. Kldnz

Feb 8, 2016
    I actually don't need information about it but i will read it. I just need to know if i marked the parts in the picture are right and if i drawn a correct circuit. Thaths all.... Can anyone answear me that?:/