super mesh

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by anjum87, Nov 20, 2006.

1. anjum87

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 20, 2006
    plz tell me about supermesh
    and how can we solve a problem using super position

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Can you give us an example problem? It might help to have some idea of what you have in mind.

3. haditya

Jan 19, 2004
    a super mesh situation arises when one mesh contains a current source in its path. the way to work around it is to go around the "super mesh" and apply kvl in the supermesh. the super mesh is a loop formed by those mesh tht had the current source common to them. this way the voltage across the current source need not be taken
    such a method is usually not necessary. one can assume a voltage v across the current source and then write to normal mesh equation and then eliminate the assumed variable v between the 2 equations.. the results are the same

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    I have seen a similar question regarding super meshes appear before on the forums, see here.

Dave

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    haditya,

Can you provide a link to an example of a super mesh?

hgmjr

6. haditya

Jan 19, 2004
    hmmm webpage for supermeshes and supernodes i havnt come across.. ll post it as soon as i come across one
    meanwhile if you hav access to books you may see Engineering Circuit Analysis by Hayt and Kemmerly. it does hav a discussion on supernodes and supermeshes

7. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    There is some useful information about supernodes on page 9 of this pdf (from the above link I posted).

Dave