Super-Efficient LEDs

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Like many claims of harnessing power from other sources, I am dubious. It is easy to make claims, now we wait for them to be backed up.

MvGulik

Joined Nov 3, 2011
I figured this would show up around here. :)

Reading the physorg article about this it sounds plausible to me. (first link inside text)
Where talking pico range here, and the additional light is not coming from nowhere. Its just heat that 'somehow' also gets radiated out by the led. (this last bit is of course the tricky part that needs more testing and experimenting.)

Led driven refrigeration anyone. ;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That's not a bad thought. Most effects that are enhanced later start small, including LEDs. An alternate to a TEC could be a really good thing.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I had 4 of the curly light bulbs that suppost to last along time.

Three are out.
The compact fluorescents? Those are difficult to break. What'd you do to them? :eek::D

I guess they're better for the northern states. It's usually cooler, and most importantly, it is much less humid. Humidity can really affect the electronics inside one of those things, and cause the bulbs themselves to become more brittle. I've got some in my house (in Vermont) that I've had for about 5 years and they're still going strong....

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
There was a guy who called in on The Rush Limbaug Show,he said they had @ DerStrom8 Dept of Energy permit to make the old bulbs,because the government stilluses them. He said they sell to the public,if you can find there web site.

He named it ,I didn't write it down. this is one messed up post.