Sum of Products Question

Mohamed Adan Hassan

Joined Dec 18, 2015
Please help in the assignment below

For the following truth table, answer these questions.

1. Show the Sum of Products for Output X.

2. Draw logic gates circuit for Output X from your answer in Question 1.
digitaltable1.png

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I believe that the man who opened a textbook on the subject, should understand everything. If he does not understand, then you should not help him. Besides, I studied in the USSR and in my mind there may be other words for defining concepts.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
X=AB(!C)D+AB(!C)(!D)+(!A)BCD+(!A)BC(!D)=AB(!C)(D+!D)+(!A)BC(D+!D)=AB(!C)(1)+(!A)BC(1)=
AB(!C)+(!A)BC = B(A(!C)+(!A)C) => Gates And( B, XOR(A,C))
+ = OR; AB=A&B; &=AND; !A=NOT(A) .
Please don't just give out answers. Hints, suggestions, leading questions are great, but just giving answers seldom helps the TS learn anything other than how to get other people to do their work for them.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Please don't just give out answers. Hints, suggestions, leading questions are great, but just giving answers seldom helps the TS learn anything other than how to get other people to do their work for them.
It's not really an answer, but you wouldn't necessarily know that unless you knew how to do the problem. IIRC disinformation was a standard product of the cold war. Two thumbs up dude!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I didn't look closely at the offered answer since I really don't care whether such answers are correct or not, neither does the student a service (though, admittedly, I've been sorely tempted to give out right-looking wrong answers on occasion, too).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I didn't look closely at the offered answer since I really don't care whether such answers are correct or not, neither does the student a service (though, admittedly, I've been sorely tempted to give out right-looking wrong answers on occasion, too).
You and I are just not wired that way, others not so much. Maybe we should give a Trigger Warning that questioners should double check all answers since there may be purveyors of disinformation on the site.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you are just going to accept the offered answer and submit it as your own, then rest assured you will get exactly the credit you deserve.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm not yelling. I'm asking if you have checked whether the offered solution matches the one you came up with. If not, then you should spend some time figuring which (if either) is correct (or, possibly, they actually do match but are just in a different form). The other, related, part is just asking if you have checked to see if the offered solution is even correct at all. One of the most valuable things you can learn is to always ask if the answer (yours or someone else's) makes sense.

Does "And( B, XOR(A,C))" make sense?

In particular, what does this say about the value of B with regards to anytime the output is HI?

Mohamed Adan Hassan

Joined Dec 18, 2015
can you please delete me from this forum?
Starting from your first reply I decided to longer be here, i appreciate the time of the other member, thanks and sorry if i did wrong to you in any way, please remove my threads and too my account ASAP.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
can you please delete me from this forum?
No. It doesn't work that way. Once something is posted, unless if violates the ToS, it stays posted (most of the time, even if it violates the ToS, it stays posted but the thread gets locked).

Starting from your first reply I decided to longer be here
Why? Because you were hoping that we would just work your homework for you and you discovered that we discourage that?

, i appreciate the time of the other member,
It would actually seem like we have more reason to appreciate his efforts than you do, you just don't realize that (yet).

thanks and sorry if i did wrong to you in any way,
You didn't do me any wrong in any way -- you are doing yourself wrong, but that is a choice you get to make.

please remove my threads and too my account ASAP.
In other words, you are concerned that your instructor will come across this thread and discover that you are just fishing for other people to do your work, that you won't put forth any effort to even start work on your homework problem, see that the wrong answer you turned in was provided by someone else, and realize that you couldn't even be bothered to check it.

I understand your concern -- and it's a legitimate concern because a number of faculty from around the world check these forums looking for exactly this kind of behavior -- but perhaps you should have thought of that sooner. Live and learn.

Your account can't be deleted, but you always have the option to simply not come back and to change your preferences so that you won't receive e-mail notifications.

And, of course, should you ever decide that you DO want to try to learn something and ARE willing to put in some effort, you are always welcome to come back.

Mohamed Adan Hassan

Joined Dec 18, 2015
i am not worried , neither concerned nor afraid of anyone FYI, I have all the right to know all I need in anyway by any information possible, everything I do i do to help myself, knowledge and career, and I came to here looking to learn but not to fight as you are doing (seeing the way you are talking).
forcing people to stay on your forums and violating their freewill and privacy is offensive and piracy per se.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It's regretful that you see a recommendation to check the correctness of answers that you get handed to you as being offensive, but I can't control, nor am I responsible for, your hypersensitivity.

I'm not forcing you to do anything. You exercised your freewill when you registered on the forum and accepted the User Agreement. You are exercising your freewill by continuing to participate. I certainly am not forcing you to do anything whatsoever, so your plea for victim status isn't going to get you anywhere. Furthermore, even if we did delete accounts (which very few online forums ever do), I do not have the necessary permissions to do so. Now, if you feel that you are not capable of resisting the urge to post here and need some help, we can always apply a permanent ban to your User ID (which closes the account -- the existing content, however, will still remain). But since you have not done anything to warrant a unilateral ban initiated by us, you would need to specifically request that we take such action. You can do that in your next response, if you would like. Or you can choose to go away pouting. Or you can choose to stay and participate. The choice is yours to make, not mine. See, plenty of freewill.