SUGGESTIONS please, schematic diagram w/ 3 IC

nescafay

Joined Jan 4, 2012
We are asked to make an electronic project that have atleast 3 ICs on it, can I please have some suggestions of schematic diagrams that are sure to work? I need fairly easy ones for beginners. It may be a doorbell, or something with LEDs or 7 segment displays. Thank you in advance! :) :D

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Your first IC should be a voltage regulator. That's a no-brainer. You can also add a comparator to almost any device, to do things like detect continuity, or voltage levels or current flows, and then light up LEDs. That leaves just one more to choose. The LM386 audio amplifier and the 555 timer are two of the most common ICs. Either can be fun.

nescafay

Joined Jan 4, 2012
Not particularly, my professor just asked us to make a project with any 3 ICs on it :) For example like this schematic diagram

nescafay

Joined Jan 4, 2012
Your first IC should be a voltage regulator. That's a no-brainer. You can also add a comparator to almost any device, to do things like detect continuity, or voltage levels or current flows, and then light up LEDs. That leaves just one more to choose. The LM386 audio amplifier and the 555 timer are two of the most common ICs. Either can be fun.
Do you have a website in mind with this kind of schematic diagram? Thank you

simo_x

Joined Dec 23, 2010
Put a voltage regulator followed by an astable oscillator and a BCD counter with four LEDs output.
You can make the oscillator with one, two o three logic gates as NAND.

Bye