Suggestions for a 'non-iatrogenic' method of Ebr determination applied to Si rectifier diodes?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Matthew Perry (from Friends) in the Oscar Madison role. How odd, I would have pictured him as a Felix.
Pursuant to my policy of strict avoidance of all TV productions (and most motion pictures) younger than myself (with the exception of certain news/documentary programs and, of course, British sitcoms;)) --- I'll have to take your word for it:):):)

Best regards
HP:cool:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Arggg! Puzzles at this hour of the morning!:rolleyes::D:D:D

qui tacet consentire videtur
Hmmm... The best I can do with that (outside of, while closely 'aligned with', the familiar legal context)
≈ "failure to contradict equates to acknowledgment"???:confused:

So what did I tacitly acknowledge??? --- That the receiver in question is indeed a Setchell Carlson equipped with a round, monochrome, electrostatically deflected CRT?:confused::confused::confused:

And with said 'acknowledgment' you seem to be asserting that I have somehow disclosed my gender:confused:???

Well hey! -- Please be advised that I'll trade any number of vintage TVs for even a single genuine scrying glass!:p:D:D

Very best regards
HP:)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Exactly... you did not contradict Aleph (0) when she referred to you in the female form.
Ahhhh.. I can rest my mind now... that intrigue was like an itch that would not go away! :D
Now you are opening a can of worms with that assumption! Have you been living under a rock for the past three years? The modern methods don't allow someone to force a gender on an individual, the individual gets to self-identify gender (or even decline to identify a binary gender).

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Ahhhh.. I can rest my mind now... that intrigue was like an itch that would not go away! :D
Fair enough!:) -- Now by way of reciprocation would you please clue me in on an old 'poser'? -- Remember this post/thread? --- The 'joke' immediately recognizable to everyone with the exception of myself?:confused: -- More than a year on and I yet return to it from time to time in a (vain) attempt to descry the significance of the attached image? - I can but guess the 'getter' is vested in the locale - 'tho such has proved a 'red herring' thusfar...

I implore you! -- 'Retinal burn-in' is a lamentable condition!:eek::D

Best regards

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ahhh... thanks for reminding me of that post, you've just improved my day tenfold...
And it's not my retinas who are in danger of sustaining damage with images like that one... but rather my eyeballs, that keep trying to pop out of their sockets! :D

Jazz2C

Joined May 27, 2016
Now by way of reciprocation would you please clue me in on an old 'poser'? -- Remember this post/thread? --- The 'joke' immediately recognizable to everyone with the exception of myself?:confused:
You should stick with your first impressions, Hp!:cool: IMO It is an air compressor or pressure washer!

Plz don't take this the wrong way but you're always mining the abstract, you know, like "reading between the lines", "panning for vibes" and so forth? Why can't you just take things at face value? I mean initially? I know A0 is like that too but when she does it you admonish her with one liners like "not often, but sometimes what you see is what you get". Hp you know the esteem and awe I will always unconditionally hold you in! It's just that sometimes when you insist on intuitive reasoning and veiled meanings you remind of a mystic instead of a scientist!;) Just sayin':D

Jazz2C

Joined May 27, 2016
And it's not my retinas who are in danger of sustaining damage with images like that one... but rather my eyeballs, that keep trying to pop out of their sockets! :D
High pressure is dangerous for sure but it sounds more like a thyroid condition than an ocular injury to me!:D

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Ahhh... thanks for reminding me of that post, you've just improved my day tenfold...
I take it you're suggesting the device on display is capable (by design or accident) of producing a hypobaric atmosphere? -- Or, if the point is more generally eye trauma -- a sand blaster, perhaps?:confused::confused::confused:

o_O Actually, it's an entirely different gland that drives me ... ;):D
Are you referring to chiasmal lesions secondary to pathology of the pituitary gland? -- Please be advised that such conditions seldom (if ever) present as exophthalmos...:confused:

Hey @cmartinez --- I won't be a poor sport:) - Truth be told I like a good puzzle:cool: - But please keep the clues coming! -- 13 months 'solitary cogitation' have got me nowhere!:oops::oops::oops:

At your mercy!

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Plz don't take this the wrong way but you're always mining the abstract, you know, like "reading between the lines", "panning for vibes" and so forth? Why can't you just take things at face value? I mean initially? I know A0 is like that too...
Sounds as if someone's been corresponding with @#12 ???;):cool:

Best regards

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
13 months 'solitary cogitation'
Oh my... too much sharing!!!!

Seriously now, after learning your true identity (read: gender) if anything, my respect for you has grown exponentially.

The reason why I married my wife is because I had finally found someone who shared my same interests, and could be both a partner and a leader at the same time.
Any woman that dares to thread in the path of science and engineering has my admiration and respect. And I worship those who actually succeed in that venture.
Cheers!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Fair enough!:) -- Now by way of reciprocation would you please clue me in on an old 'poser'? -- Remember this post/thread? --- The 'joke' immediately recognizable to everyone with the exception of myself?:confused: -- More than a year on and I yet return to it from time to time in a (vain) attempt to descry the significance of the attached image? - I can but guess the 'getter' is vested in the locale - 'tho such has proved a 'red herring' thusfar...

Best regards
I wish I would have known you had unanswered questions about the image posted by @cmartinez. I can help in a few areas.

The young woman had a firm grip on a ridgid tool known as the SR24 line locator (with GPS). Use it to easily identify utilities.
You may be more interested in this view of someone holding the Ridgid tool - with a more complete view of the tools.

image.jpg

The yellow box in the lower right of the image posted by @cmartinez, molded in Ridged classic yellow, is an ST33Q line transmitter (with bluetooth). You can see all details here. Not a bad tool set for a company that views professional pipe-threading machines as their bread-and-butter product.
https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/seektech-st33q-line-transmitter

Also, the shithole of a city in the background is the Metropolis of the Western Reserve (Cleveland). Nothing makes sense there including the attempt to make Cleveland a tourist attraction (rock and roll hall of fame locale). And an urban wind turbine (I have no information concerning the efficiency of a wind turbine wedged between high-rise office buildings).

To explain "the joke" - it can only be understood if you are, or ever were, a 14-year-old heterosexual male. The fact that you are asking leads me to believe that you never would have been able to play the roles of Beavis or Butthead.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Oh my... too much sharing!!!!
Granting that you 'get it' -- Let's make certain everyone does!:eek::eek::eek:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cogitation :)

Seriously now, after learning your true identity (read: gender) if anything, my respect for you has grown exponentially.
The reason why I married my wife is because I had finally found someone who shared my same interests, and could be both a partner and a leader at the same time.
Any woman that dares to thread in the path of science and engineering has my admiration and respect. And I worship those who actually succeed in that venture.
Cheers!
Affirming tho' your kind accolades are -- what I need most at the moment are clues!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Seriously -- many sincere thanks for your kind words!!!:):):)

Best regards
HP