Suggestion/Permission

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Hi everyone,

whilst searching the internet, I was suprised at how little information there is available to those who want to learn real programming on a uC. By real, I mean assembly, C, etc.

There's lots on Arduino, but quite scare information on other stuff.

Alot assumes that you have prior knowledge of uCs, and/or programming languages.

I have taken the step to buy a development board, with many thanks to the guys on this forum, and today I had a brain wave.

Why not write about my efforts? I think it would be useful for other beginners to read and gather information from someone who is in the same position as they are.

No offense, but sometimes it is quite easy to get overwhelmed by information, simply because you guys know so much and give such a wide range of solutions. Which is why I think it might be a good idea if I could (with your permission) start a write up of the steps involved with learning to program.

I could write about my end choice of board, (after a struggle of getting one which works!), availabilty of support - both from forums and from the manufacturer, as well as how I begin the journey with projects/lessons.

I have resisted jumping and posting, because any thread won't be a question, more a statement of advice and troubles.

Of course, if you don't like the idea, please say so, and I will honour your decision. However, I really think it would help many people, who, like myself couldn't find anything which gave a clear, definitive answer to "how do I go about it?", "What works?", and "What do I need?".

Sparky

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Excellent. Mine might have some ideas for you, I spent a while tweaking it until it was like what I wanted.

Bill's Index

You are effectively a moderator for your blog, you have a lot more control than you do over threads.