suggestion about electronic engineering university in uk

Ivano

Joined Feb 2, 2009
HI...i'm an electronic engineering university student in Catania (Italy)...what i'd like to know is if there's someone among you who could explain me how electronic engineering degree courses works in England...as i'm thinking about to change university once i'll get my first level degree in Catania (i'm doing a 3 years course and then i could continue for further 2 years...and i'd like to change Uni for the second part of the course that's the 2 further years..)

hope someone could help me....thanks

Ivano

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Ivano,

Different universities will do it differently, and a lot will depend on the accreditation status of the course you are currently doing in Catania as to whether you can switch courses. Different degree courses in the UK have different accreditation status dependant on many factors; primarily the top UK electronics degrees are at institutions accredited by the IET, formerly the IEE, so to switch to one of those courses would necessitate that your current degree meets the standard to bring you to the level of the final 2 years which you wish to undertake at the UK university. Not all electronics degrees are accredited by the IET, therefore their standards will be different.

I would suggest that the best course of action would be to shortlist potential universities and contact them directly with your enquiry.

Another factor you will need to consider is fees, etc.

Dave

mark_16

Joined Feb 8, 2009
ok David, regarding switching universities, what would you suggest. emailing them will help or its better i take out time and go to the universities to get the information regarding the course.
i have to join a good university. i am not going to any right now. also i am ready to shift according the college. thanks for the above help. :)