Suggested Simulator?

jean28

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Greetings. I have to do a few simulations for my Digital Electronics lab, and my TA said that the simulator we used didn't matter. He suggested a few:

1. Multisim
2. PSPice
3. LTSpice

I want to choose one that works well and that others around the forum use as well to ask questions and have people who could help. I have used PSPice before and to be honest I didn't like it at all.

Would you guys suggest Multisin or LTSpice? Is PSPice still the better option?

Thanks.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I quite like micro-cap from spectrum-soft.com, it has a reasonable selection of models, good tutorials and a very easy to use user interface.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
It's not free, but I like Multisim since it's very intuitive and makes it easy to place and route components. It has virtual instruments the look like real ones (such as as a Tek scope) and allows real-time setting of switches and pots from the keyboard while the simulation is running.

If you want free, then I would go with LTSpice.

jean28

Joined Sep 5, 2012
It's not free, but I like Multisim since it's very intuitive and makes it easy to place and route components. It has virtual instruments the look like real ones (such as as a Tek scope) and allows real-time setting of switches and pots from the keyboard while the simulation is running.

If you want free, then I would go with LTSpice.
Which version of LTSpice is the best? I see LTspiceIV and LTspiceCAD.