Suggest to have a better site

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I use the search function on top of the site screen regularly, it is pretty easy to use.

There is a minor learning curve, but it does most everything I think you'd want.

logicman112

Joined Dec 27, 2008
I believe that the layout of this site destroys the concentration. the nick name of the responders are too big! when you go to the general electronic chat for example you can not see the users information in one line matched with the screen size. Each line info can be made smaller.
Besides replies start with the latest post, that is wrong in my opinion, it must start with the initiator and when we use page-down other replies must appear in order.

Some things are written so big while they are not worth it like:
The Following User Says Thank You to .... For This Useful Post:

The layout of each reply box is wrong, it has some big boxes with little useful information like:
Yesterday, 10:13 AM
logicman112

Suggest to have a better site (each reply has a subject which is unnecessary , it clutters up the page and makes it messy)

All those makes people confused and the site difficult to use.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to VBulliten, its pretty common software.

Personally I like the arrangement. It does a lot more than you think, and this site has features that don't exist elsewhere, such as the ability to update a post indefinately (most give you 5 minutes, then it is locked in forever).

It also allows for displaying schematics as part of the post, has local album hosting, does blogs, and a lot more.

Part of the reason it seems complex is because it does a lot.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I believe that the layout of this site destroys the concentration. the nick name of the responders are too big! when you go to the general electronic chat for example you can not see the users information in one line matched with the screen size. Each line info can be made smaller.
Besides replies start with the latest post, that is wrong in my opinion, it must start with the initiator and when we use page-down other replies must appear in order.

Some things are written so big while they are not worth it like:
The Following User Says Thank You to .... For This Useful Post:

The layout of each reply box is wrong, it has some big boxes with little useful information like:
Yesterday, 10:13 AM
logicman112

Suggest to have a better site (each reply has a subject which is unnecessary , it clutters up the page and makes it messy)

All those makes people confused and the site difficult to use.
I don't see anyone else complaining beside you in all these years.
I like it the it is. I like this layout more than the other forums

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
there are so many other forums that use Vbulletin, and no one seems to have any issue with navigating through posts.....

the only thing I would like to see added is the ability to add attachments to PM's.... I recently had to send a document to another member and instead of being able to attach it to a pm I had to email it to him off site....

B. Morse

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
there are so many other forums that use Vbulletin, and no one seems to have any issue with navigating through posts.....

the only thing I would like to see added is the ability to add attachments to PM's.... I recently had to send a document to another member and instead of being able to attach it to a pm I had to email it to him off site....

B. Morse
Yes.......that would be an improvement.
Man that's what VIP forum are for....:D

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This is my opinion:
The PM system is there to exchange private details.
The attachments system is not active in PM's to prevent the exchange of illegal or copyrighted material.
Exchange of attachments can be done in the forum itself.

The forum-administrator jrap can probably tell more about it.

Greetings,
Bertus

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
It is really no big deal, it was just a one time thing were I have had the need for it since I have been a member... so it really does not bother me that it is not available for the PM's..... all in all I think this site is great and very functional...

B. Morse

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hello,

This is my opinion:
The PM system is there to exchange private details.
The attachments system is not active in PM's to prevent the exchange of illegal or copyrighted material.
Exchange of attachments can be done in the forum itself.
I do not think attachments in is prohibited due to copyrighted material. I think the reason is to ensure that discussions take place in forum, so all members can use the information. But I also guess it is protective reasons. Some people may want to distribute virus by the PM system, as it is not moderated. Like the forum is.
If some people want to get copyrighted material a quick Google search is all that is needed. Besides due to the file size limitations it will take ages to distribute most modern software applications.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Since the forum also allows for email addresses I think the point is moot. You can always attach whatever via email.

I've seen other VB sites allow display of YouTube videos. I don't have a clue how it is done (probably just like images though). It would be a useful here, but I'm not complaining.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Since the forum also allows for email addresses I think the point is moot. You can always attach whatever via email.

I've seen other VB sites allow display of YouTube videos. I don't have a clue how it is done (probably just like images though). It would be a useful here, but I'm not complaining.

According to VBulletin's website, video's can be played on here or linked to from youtube, maybe the moderators just don't have that feature turned on...

Video Embedding (YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu, Dailymotion, Google, Metacafe) - New in 4.0
unless we are running a version less than 4.0

B. Morse

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
jrap posted the other day mentioning a software upgrade or update. He didn't mention if it was VBulletin or something server related.

As for post grouping, you can do that. Set yourself up to subscribe to every thread you post in.

You can use the subscription area to organize your posts.

DumboFixer

Joined Feb 10, 2009
For what's is worth, here's what I think should be done to improve this forum....

That's it.

(and I say this as somebody who runs a forum)

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
he is trying to say that he has nothing to say about improving the site.... that's why you can not see what he said....

what forum would that be DumboFixer, if you don't mind me asking?

B. Morse