substitute for INA 2126

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by sanketh, Aug 15, 2014.

1. sanketh

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Hey folks ,

I am presently working on a circuit that requires a INA 2126 amplifier , however I don't seem to have access to the said op amp . Can someone please suggest me an alternate op-amp with more or less the same specifications ?

Thank you

2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    sanketh likes this.
  3. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    The INA 2126 is a low-power instrumentation amp and depending upon your requirements, there are others that should work. Why do you say it "requires" a INA 2126? Does the application have any particular requirements (power used, supply voltages, offset voltage, frequency response, common-mode range, etc.)?

sanketh likes this.
  4. sanketh

Jul 11, 2014
    I am working on a load cell amplifier circuit , The leads from the strain gauge bridge circuit are input to a INA 2126 whose amplified output is then read and the load cell is calibrated . I was just wondering whether INA 2126 is the only apt amplifier for bridge amplification or could i substitute it with another amplifier that could also amplify the bridge input to around 200-250 times .

Thank you

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    There are many instrumentation amps (not op amps) that should work for you application. What part suppliers do you have available where you live?

sanketh likes this.
  6. sanketh

Jul 11, 2014
    It's not about the part suppliers . I work in a lab and couldn't find the INA 2126 and so was wondering whether I could just make use of the other existing amplifiers rather than ordering new ones . Then realized may be the INA 2126 could have been used for a specific purpose , sorry for putting it very vaguely before .

Thanks

7. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    If any of the other existing amps are instrumentation types, they you may be able to use those, but not any other type of amps.

sanketh likes this.