Stupid monogrammed items

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
What is the most asinine monogrammed or personalized items that you have encountered? Today, I was looking through a catalog which offered a toaster which puts a monogram on your toast and also "happiness" beans that you plant with inspirational words that would show as they grew their first leaves. What is this world coming to? Actually, I have to admit to assisting with a prank that my daughter pulled on her very devout Catholic step-mother a few years ago involving a "Virgin Mary" stamp for bread slices. We stamped a piece of bread and replaced it in the loaf to see what she thought about her personal visit from Mary. It promoted interesting conversation.:D

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
1chance,

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the prize on this one. I love my wife more than anything, but she is a bit of a lunatic at times. When i think of my wife, I think of the saying that "happiness is taking any little thing and making a big deal about it".

So, I'm sitting in a pizza place eating dinner alone as I read this. Using my computer, I just took a picture of the T-shirt my wife made for me. It has my name and a picture of me with a llama. If this were the only example, you might not be impressed, but my wife makes these for everyone and I have several myself.

Also, I took a picture of the pizza that just came out, just to make you hungry.

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Asinine monograms? Well, I am a serious iconoclast. I think all monograms are asinine. The idea that some people think they are so cool!

When the monogram fad happened at my high school, I took the rattiest jeans I had... How ratty were they? They were so ratty that I had to sew another pair of jeans inside them to keep them from falling apart...and I used red thread to monogram my initials in large cursive letters right down the front of the fly.

Monogram this, you snobs!

Do I win for most asinine monogram?

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Not exactly a monogram... Years ago while in the maintenance dept. of a large manufacturing facility, one of the maintenance mechanics came in with a new framing square. Another mechanic remarked how it was just like his.
So he decided to weld his name on the square. When he got done he had warped the square so badly it was beyond use, and had to toss it.:eek:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
What is the most asinine monogrammed or personalized items that you have encountered? Today, I was looking through a catalog which offered a toaster which puts a monogram on your toast and also "happiness" beans that you plant with inspirational words that would show as they grew their first leaves. What is this world coming to? Actually, I have to admit to assisting with a prank that my daughter pulled on her very devout Catholic step-mother a few years ago involving a "Virgin Mary" stamp for bread slices. We stamped a piece of bread and replaced it in the loaf to see what she thought about her personal visit from Mary. It promoted interesting conversation.:D
Actually the seed you mentioned with a coating and print on it could be a small fertilizer or booster for the seed. The pot farmers in EU learned this technique years ago and many seed banks put a coating on their seeds for durability, and better germination.Its kinda wierd though, getting a bunch of neon red and blue seeds that look like candy.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ummm......................

Trying to think of a good way to say this in a way that keeps the rating under a PG-13...

I once ran across (don't ask me how--I honestly have no clue) some monogrammed.....uh...."adult protection" paraphernalia. So yeah, that's probably the strangest "personal item" I've ever encountered :D:p

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Not exactly a monogram... Years ago while in the maintenance dept. of a large manufacturing facility, one of the maintenance mechanics came in with a new framing square. Another mechanic remarked how it was just like his.
So he decided to weld his name on the square. When he got done he had warped the square so badly it was beyond use, and had to toss it.:eek:
That other mechanic didn't work for the 48 nascar team did they?