Stuck at fault & Memories testing

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Sarat1990, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Sarat1990

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Hello,

I want detailed explanation about stuck-at fault method. I couldn't get the concept. I tried to learn on google. But I still don't get it.:eek: I know! I'm not good at grasping things.:( A help in this concept is greatly appreciated.:) I just need detailed explanation. If possible please give examples with explanations. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    What kind of fault do you have.

3. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    When your cell phone battery go low that a fault , Believe it or not your cell phone

battery has memory.

4. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    I just need to know the concepts single stuck-at fault and multiple Stuck-at fault. I couldn't understand how a fault is detected using this method. I'm a beginner.

5. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    Or gate/ NAND gate. etc.. DRAM/SRAM

6. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    If you let your phone battery discharge at certain rate all the time ,your battery

will react to that as what you could call a fault. The battery will not last as long

if you do not recharge it correctly.

7. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Systems are based on energy your battery needs to be recharged ,your body needs

food to recharge.

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    You are at a higher level on the fault chart , do you understand the binary system.

9. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    @loosewire Yes

10. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Try wikipedia ,let me know what you find.

11. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    What is your background , what level of studies do you have. What brings you to this

question ,can you post a drawing of your question. If you do that more people will

enter the post.

12. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    It is used to represent a fault in a digital circuit when a pin is stuck at either logic high, low, or high impedance, despite any driving circuitry behind it.

13. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    @loosewire I'm in final year of my UG in Elecronics and computer science. I need to give presentation on testing the Memories. Basically on DRAM and SRAM cells. But the basic of digital systems testing starts with Stuck-at fault methods which am unable to get it. I really appreciate you for your time to explain me this. Please guide me further.

14. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    @tshuck Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please explain this with simple circuit with logic gates.

15. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    @loosewire I've read about this on wiki.. But I still don't get :(

16. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    How long is your presentation ,how big is your class your professor may not know as

much you think. Know your class from past discussions ,study untill you are up to the

part where you are stuck ,invite your professor to explain the question you are asking

now. Call on a class mate to explain Tshucks, answer about the pins being stuck.

Make a lecture how of what you want to learn, be ready to take notes if a class

mate or professor knows more. In the mean time go back and do more studying.

You will do two things ,learn to talk before your class on the part you know ,

and study to learn more,you will have to do it some day. ( turning the page )

If you have the curcuit ,keep going over it...know it well...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  17. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Look your class in the eyes ,or look over them so they know you have confidence

up to the part you are stuck on,then you have to be creative to get your professor

involved so he will help you and the class. Check and see if a class mate know more than

you without breaking rules. Remember this is the beginning of your career on public

speaking ,it take a lot to do a resume someday.You are getting a head start in

several ways ,think about it. If you give up on me ,what the class going to think.

18. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Give me a few lines of presentation.............

19. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    @loosewire these are the contents of my presentation

Motivation for testing memories
    Modeling memory chips
    Reduced functional fault models
    Traditional tests
    March tests
    March SS (Aeroflex)

20. Sarat1990

Dec 4, 2013
    I could have attached few slides of my presentation. But I couldn't find an option to attach