Stripboard layout program

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by liteace, Jun 8, 2013.

1. liteace

Thread Starter Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Hi All does anyone know of a good freeish-ware program for stripboard layout, as this is only a 3 projects per year hobby for me I dont really want to pay a fortune for it. I used to start at the edge and work inwards then when finished I did not have any room to put any holes to mount the circuit board, I now start in the middle but its still not very tidy

Thanks

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    absf and liteace like this.
  3. bance

Aug 11, 2012
    Google Blackboard layout....

HTH Steve.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    liteace likes this.
  4. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    liteace likes this.
  5. liteace

Thread Starter Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Hi, I dont want to keep asking as I feel like Im just taking and not giving anything back.
    Im having a little trouble with a couple of these Ive downloaded, I have been sitting for hours trying to work out what these programs do, I thought maybe I could draw a circuit, then add it and it would auto place all components on the stripboard but I think that is asking a little to much

Thanks

6. gla15

Mar 19, 2014
  7. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    I've used VeeCAD - http://veecad.com/ - with some success, with KCad for drawing the schematic.

You have to layout the board yourself and you must assign parts in the schematic. But there are some tutorials and I find it easier to draw and check a schematic and then VeeCad will tell you if there are issues with the board layout.

8. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    A piece of paper with lines on it? Works like a charm. :)

And apologies for suggesting a non-software solution.

9. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    I started like that, myself.

Later I looked for software and after testing some with no advantage I returned to paper and Corel Draw to have the final sketch printed out.

Even Eagle could be used. Explained somewhere in the Web.

10. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011