Streaming video From BeagleBone to UDP

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by Shagas, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Shagas

Thread Starter Active Member

May 13, 2013
    Hello

Could someone advise me how to stream video from my webcam to a specific port on UDP?
    There is a guy named "Derek Molloy" who does good tutorials on that but he uses H264 Format and my camera doesn't support that .I don't know how to modify the code/commands for YUV (I need YUV) so I would appreciate some help.
    Using his tutorials I managed to capture raw pictures/video to a file and then open them, which is good. But I would really like to get that UDP stream working.

I'm using v4l2 .

If this is not possible from v4l2 , is it possible with another program?
    For testing purposed I'm using VLC media player configured to listen for a UDP stream and also a java program that I wrote that listens to a UDP socket , none of which seem to respond.

Thanks in advance

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    UDP is port.
    H264 is format.

You send video in format X to UDP port Y.

3. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    I don't think you understood what I was trying to say.

a)My camera doesn't support H264
    b)I need YUV format

The specific code that was offered was using some parameters that accepted h264 format . They don't work with YUYV.

4. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
  5. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
  6. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    Thanks , but that doesn't really help me much because I'm very new to linux so I don't understand most of the things said in those articles.
    I know the ffmpeg is a ..."thing" that does something with video but that's about it :D