Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ramussons, Aug 4, 2016.
I happened to see this on You Tube.
Something weird or hoax....
It's a hoax. He regularly posts hoax videos of this nature...normally about getting something "free" and involving duct tape
1. There is no such thing as "inductivity".
2. Everything he said about how a cable system works is wrong.
3. Everything he says about how a capacitor works is wrong.
4. Cable box premium channel signals are not "attenuated". All channel signals on a cable system have the same amplitude.
5. That is a digital cable box, so premium channel blocking is done by computer code, not "attenuation".
6. In terms of electromagnetic properties, a recordable CD is nothing more than a piece of plastic. If he had told you to tape a hairbrush to the cable, would you believe that?
7. He has excellent on-camera presence and modulation. These are not a requirement for being a narcissist or a sociopath, but they do come in handy.
The big clue is that his presentation is edited. Between segments he called the cable company and subscribed to HBO.
If this is for real, he's a jerk. If it is some kind of parody piece mocking other YouTube amazing science bs videos, it is too well done for its own good.
There is so much out there that I cannot understand why anyone took the time to produce and post. Why would you post a hoax like this?
Money? Do something-for-nothing scams draw so many eyeballs that somehow he earns ad revenue? It's hard to believe it could be enough to pay for his effort.
Creative outlet? Some stuff I see is too wacky to be anything other than "art". But this guy's video is way too long and boring. What's fun about about a dull hoax?
Impress someone? Well, maybe he wants a job at QVC and selling a hoax demonstrates his skill?
I don't get it.
I got cable channels without the cable.
This is guy just great.
I passed a piece of COAX through my entire DVD collections. Plug it into my DVB TV and Viola.
Since we're laughing, heres one I got from someone about my motorcycle and how to tune my bike.
Check out the diamond bladed scissors.