strange pbroblem...

uttarkar.msrao

Joined Jul 29, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am new to dis community and i hope i will get the solution.
Please Someone go through this,
"I have connected 24 v Dc lamp to Dc source ckt.when there is no lamp in the lamp holder,24v is measured across the holder but when i fixed 24 v lamp,voltage dropping to zero.lamp not fused wen i connect the same to another source it is working."
I dont know how can this be possible.somebody please explain.
thanking in advance.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
The source in question doesn't have the capability of delivering the current that the lamp requires, which results in the voltage dropping.

What are the two sources you are connecting to?

uttarkar.msrao

Joined Jul 29, 2014
Hello Sir,
Here source is one and 22 indication lamps are connected in parallel...other ind lamps are glowing,except 4 ind.lamps.Hre i do not understand one thing,if voltage dropping to 0 V,it means it is shorting,if it is shorted,why not either lamp or its fuse blown out.
Thank you for replies...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hello Mr uttarkar.msrao, welcome to All About Circuits.

Notice that everyone that responded to your thread took the time to write out their posts with proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization.

This should tell you something. On AAC we take the effort to communicate properly in written text with proper English and no textese.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
probably a high resistance in the supply to the lamps that are not lit. if it were shorted, it would have cut off current to all lamps. check the wireing and connections to the lamps that are dark.