Strange output from SD Memory

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm getting a response from the SD now. Not the one I want but a response. Let's end this thread and I will clean things up in a new one.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Could you do me a favor and post the library once complete? I'd like to port it to BoostC for the latest capabilities as well, including HC, if possible.

I do know many 8 and 16GB cards have been used in MP3 players using a PIC as the read/write to the card and feeding the data to the MP3 decoder IC. I assume they were using the microchip library.

Not entirely sure what the difference between SD and SDHC cards are, other than address bits.

Also, post what was missing in between steps aboe, such as the pin you were using, what the default was, and if you had to change the SDO or SDI pin independently?

Also, there's another guy in Embedded with a problem interfacing with SDI, though I think he is using Microchip C18 libs.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Could you do me a favor and post the library once complete? I'd like to port it to BoostC for the latest capabilities as well, including HC, if possible.

I do know many 8 and 16GB cards have been used in MP3 players using a PIC as the read/write to the card and feeding the data to the MP3 decoder IC. I assume they were using the microchip library.

Not entirely sure what the difference between SD and SDHC cards are, other than address bits.

Also, post what was missing in between steps aboe, such as the pin you were using, what the default was, and if you had to change the SDO or SDI pin independently?

Also, there's another guy in Embedded with a problem interfacing with SDI, though I think he is using Microchip C18 libs.
Yeah you sent me the link on that SPI problem. I took look, nothing came to mind right away but I will take another look.

Take a look at this guys site
http://elm-chan.org/

From what I understand he is sort of the kink of FAT.

I have a regular SD chip now and it is working very differently than the micro SD in an SD carrier that I was using. But it still seems not to behaving the way it should. I am using a hacked SD connector for that one that I fashioned from a header connector. I am going to give it another try but I will probably wait for my SD connectors to come in from China.

BTW there is a better deal out there now 10 connectors for $5.