Strange Op-amp circuit...

T3chNique

Joined Dec 22, 2014
You are still reading the wrong data sheet for the receiver. The 1A number is the peak current pulse allowed for a few usec for the IR-204C emitter that is wrongly linked to from this web page.
I hope that when you finally get your parts, that they send you a real IR photo transistor (Like the LR153), instead of that emitter.
I have tested the resistance between the cathode and anode of the LIR132 and it is in the 100k ohm range in ambient lighting which indicates that it is indeed a phototransistor does it not?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have tested the resistance between the cathode and anode of the LIR132 and it is in the 100k ohm range in ambient lighting which indicates that it is indeed a phototransistor does it not?
Not necessarily. Depends on the voltage and current that your Multimeter puts out when it is in the Ohms mode. An LED (IR or visible emitter) will work as photodetector, albeit with less sensitivity than the phototransistor...

Do you have a link to the LR132 data sheet that works?

T3chNique

Joined Dec 22, 2014

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Remember my comment about the kid that made the web page...

The LR132 data sheet should look like the one that you get if you follow the link from the LR152 page.

T3chNique

Joined Dec 22, 2014
Remember my comment about the kid that made the web page...

The LR132 data sheet should look like the one that you get if you follow the link from the LR152 page.
Ahh I understand... The part is labelled 'LIR' not 'LR' though. I will try to find the datasheet :)

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
If the PD204-6c really is what you are getting (or already have in hand), then it is not a phototransistor; it is a photodiode, whose reverse leakage is modulated by incident IR illumination. Different device, different circuit.

You have been wasting everybody's time! Write back when you can link to the data sheet of the device you are actually using.

T3chNique

Joined Dec 22, 2014
If the PD204-6c really is what you are getting (or already have in hand), then it is not a phototransistor; it is a photodiode, whose reverse leakage is modulated by incident IR illumination. Different device, different circuit.

You have been wasting everybody's time! Write back when you can link to the data sheet of the device you are actually using.
Hi,

Funny thing... The store I purchased the IR phototransistor from renamed their product codes according to their own labeling system so technically the LIR 132 does not exist, this is the correct name and datasheet for the part I purchased: http://www.everlight.com/file/ProductFile/IR204C-A.pdf