Storm Watch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, May 21, 2013.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I wonder if we have any members in the area of the storms today.

I don't see much twitter yet ,everyone focused on going thru the

school that was blown away. I wonder if the news reaches some

of out country members. We have 24/7 cable news.

2. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Dallas, Texas is on the tornado watch today, along with a wide area of Texas.

3. Buxton137

May 16, 2013
    Seen it on the news this morning in England, bloody hell

4. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Welcome to off topic

5. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Welcome lisalay0077 to pff topic

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I think every county in North Texas, east of the panhandle, is in Tornado Watch till 7pm Central Time today. The main line of storms is north of the DFW area, however, the threat of supercells is still high enough.

Some school systems have dismissed their students already.

Last week one "rotation" went over my apt, but never touched down .... I'm basically at the SE junction of SH360 and Interstate 20.

I remember when Moore OK got hit in 1999. I was in the Oklahoma panhandle at that time.

Important thing is to have a plan on where your going in case the event materializes and there are no atheists in tornado shelters.

7. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Your opinion how they got numbers and high as 91 deaths the first night, then

backed down to twenty something the next morning. A side story did you hear

that F.E.M.A. has a location in Moore. They say the jobs support the town.

Will they be writing there relief checks, I wonder when F.E.M.A. located there

because they were hit in 1999 on the other side of town ,the only place to be

hit by two F-5 tornado's .With the new forecasting system people could get in

there cars and drive away from the path of the storm ,some people did that for

this storm. Who on the Forum has a storm shelter.

8. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    FEMA is there probably for the same reason the NSSC is there. NSSC is the National Severe Storm Center at Norman ... home to those "Tornado Chasers".

Given the number of tornados that hit OK, it is wise to have FEMA there.

They sent the NSSC to Australia one year when the "America's Cup" race was held there ... I knew a young man (at that time), from a little town in western OK, who went there with the NSSC.

Anywhere there is a large federal presence, those jobs support the town. Remember when the German Chanclor a few years back ran on the premise of getting the Americans out of Germany? Quite a few towns reminded her that if the US wasn't there, the economy would go in the toilet. Billions is spent locally at some locations. What would happen to Tampa Bay area if McDill and the southern command was relocated? That is the reason why those congress critters do not want to give up a military base in their state during the BRAC discussions.

Last edited: May 23, 2013