Stopping circuit with switch.

z00ze

Joined Feb 21, 2012
y0,

I have little problem, and that is that I don't have any education about electronics, so I am complete noob/newbie/idiot. So sorry about that ;) Only thing I can do is to weld/solder pretty good :)

I want to have system which main purpose is to stop circuit when switch has been pressed...

Look at the picture I uploaded, here is my explanation.

When Switch A connects it stops B circuit. For some time, between 50ms and 100ms.
If Switch A keep pressed down, it won't stop B circuit totally, just first time switch A is pressed.
The time must be adjustable from the rotating switch C.
If main power from D has been disabled from the switch, it must have allow B circuit to connect.

How to do it, what components I need, wiring diagram? Help? :(

Attachments

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Just to get this right:

1. When the switch connected to D is open, B is closed. Pressing switch A does do nothing then.

2. When the switch connected to D is closed pressing switch A will interrupt B for about 50 to 100ms, but only the first time A is activated. Activating switch A again will do nothing.

3. A is a momentary push button.

Can you confirm these 3 assumptions?

What is voltage/current for B?
What voltage is D?

z00ze

Joined Feb 21, 2012
Sorry, forgot to tell the volts :) Also I'm not so good at english so I assume when you are speaking about "closed" the switch is "ON" and transfers energy and "open" means it doesn't transfer.

1. Correct.

2. Correct, expect keeping down switch A will not keep B open all the time. It will only make B open for that 50-100ms. But if the switch A is released and pressed again, it will work like before, making the B open for 50-100ms.

3. Actually the switch what I am using is "PULL". So when I pull from the switch's rod, it will connect. But yes it is momentary, but it will keep connecting for like 1second so on first time it connects it opens B for 50-100ms. Even if A is longer connected than that 50-100ms.

B is 4.7 Volts.
D is 12 Volts.

Hope you understand what I mean, also thanks for quick reply! :)

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
This can be done with a 555 monostable. I will draw something up later , if nobody else does.

What's the current for B? Depending on the current you may or may not need a transistor.

Is B galvanically isolated from D or can they have the same reference, i.e. Ground?

z00ze

Joined Feb 21, 2012
D is battery, 4Ah 12V. But I don't know exact current for B, my meter doesn't read it... I only know volts for (exact volts is 4.36V) but lets assume amperes are same as on battery?

D and B are totally different systems. B gets power from D but through other switches/relays/boxes and so on. So let's say they are isolated from each others... B acts just as signal to other system.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
You still didn't say how much current is needed for B.

This is necessary to determine the switching device.

Note that in the following circuit "K" is not a normal relay but a solid state relay or optorelay. These contain MOSFETs that switch the load. They are available as normally closed versions.
It depends on your load if you can use a normal relay or not. If you connect a normal relay , then you will need a flyback diode on it. Also, you have to make sure not to exceed the maximum output current of the 555.

Have a look here for relays apply the necessary filters: http://search.digikey.com/us/en/cat/relays/solid-state/1048664

Attachments

z00ze

Joined Feb 21, 2012
You still didn't say how much current is needed for B.

This is necessary to determine the switching device.

Note that in the following circuit "K" is not a normal relay but a solid state relay or optorelay. These contain MOSFETs that switch the load. They are available as normally closed versions.
It depends on your load if you can use a normal relay or not. If you connect a normal relay , then you will need a flyback diode on it. Also, you have to make sure not to exceed the maximum output current of the 555.
I tested my meter and looks like it is broken, I'll get new meter and try to get right current.