Stop !

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ok..I'm confused.

U guys agree that giving gun info to kids is a good thing.

When I think about it, it's a good thing they should know it's not something to play with.
But here, guns are NOT available to citizens. What would u say to tht ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yes, ignorance is how accidents happen.

You teach a kid how the gun works, where the safety is, how to really unload it.

Most important, there is no such thing as an unloaded gun.

Gun safety is no accident. Gun accidents can be prevented.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
well in america there's a good chance your kid will see a gun at some point, even if you don't own one. Telling the kid "guns are bad" "never touch guns" etc will just make them curious and want to touch them. Better IMO to let them handle the gun under supervision & instruction so there's no taboo and they know how not to hurt themselves.

In your country it may be less of an issue.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
We may someday be in the same condition as Rifaa. There are always people trying to disarm the honest citizens of the U.S.A. If that happens, armed robbers will be safe in every state in our country because no honest citizen can shoot back.

By the way, how's that going in England after the government sawed thousands of beautiful antique shotguns, fowling pieces, etc. into scrap metal? Did the criminals turn in their guns, too?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
By the way, how's that going in England after the government sawed thousands of beautiful antique shotguns, fowling pieces, etc. into scrap metal? Did the criminals turn in their guns, too?
It's not going too badly:
From Wikipedia:
In 2005/6 the police in England and Wales reported 50 gun homicides, a rate of 0.1 illegal gun deaths per 100,000 of population. 6.6% of homicides involved the use of a firearm.[41] For international comparison, in 2004 the police in the United States reported 9,326 gun homicides.[42] The overall homicide rates per 100,000 (regardless of weapon type) reported by the United Nations for 1999 were 4.55 for the U.S. and 1.45 in England and Wales.[43] The homicide rate in England and Wales at the end of the 1990s was below the EU average, but the rates in Northern Ireland and Scotland were above the EU average.[44]

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OZ is a much better example, where all the guns were turned in by the honest citizens not to long ago.

I suspect that is what you meant.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
That I have no idea. :confused:
Never touched a gun in my whole life. and to tell u the truth I dont wanna touch one.
Aww youre missing out. Shooting guns is fun. I shot my first world war 2 rifle a few months ago at a gun range. Buddy who is Iraq war veteran bought it.

But yes, take it away from that kid, now!!!!!

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
OZ is a much better example, where all the guns were turned in by the honest citizens not to long ago.

I suspect that is what you meant.
Here in Australia it was a Govt funded buy back, it went well for the gun dealers as all sorts of crap was bought back & new ones purchased by the more avid shooters. But i suspect there is a lot less armed civilians & well armed Criminals.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok..I'm confused.

U guys agree that giving gun info to kids is a good thing.

When I think about it, it's a good thing they should know it's not something to play with.
But here, guns are NOT available to citizens. What would u say to tht ?
Almost all US boys are given gun training because almost every house hold has guns. I was given access to our guns at the house and on the boat at 8. I was already trained and had a safe hunting badge from FFW. So I knew how to use it. Well he took me first when we loaded the boat and opened the seat up and lifted and life preserver and there was a snub nose .38. He said if anything happens on the water here's where the gun is. At my house my dad was kinda not dumb but nieve and actually kept all our guns in my closet. ??? So since I can remember I could just open my closet and there were 30.06's, 30-30's, 12 gauges, 20 gauges, .22's, and a couple pistols but I never messed with those unless my dad was there. Later I bought my first 38 special at 14 from a friends dad for $100. I also bought a 4-10 shotgun that broke down into 3 x 12 inch pieces at 13 from a co-worker for $80. Wish I still had that 4-10 because I've never seen another like it. Almost like an AR-7 but a shotgun.