Stop !

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
There is a reason to this thread.

I like to know the more elder members opinion.

PS. Gun is indeed Real.
Like to tell u, please don't judge me. Give me the benefit of the doubt

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There are three things man-made

used for social organization and control:

1. guns
  2. laws
  3. money
Whoever controls any of the above, rules the world.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
There is a reason to this thread.

I like to know the more elder members opinion.

PS. Gun is indeed Real.
Like to tell u, please don't judge me. Give me the benefit of the doubt
Oh its obviously a real .45. I'm just saying while its easy to look at this pic and roll your eyes. It really does hit on a huge issue of kidnaped children forced into para-military service. We look the other way when their 14+ but this kids like 6.But again you see these kids in kindergarden that make fake toy AK's and pretend to shoot the evil allies/coallission.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This was something our government decided to do.
It was an evening show off of somekind. Kids get to hold real guns. I did not go. As for our little guy, his dad is in MP, so it's kinda in the family.
And for kids who really cannot tell between a toy and plastic.

Many were concerned. What abt the kids who knew what they are handling. It was some kinda thing they decided to do.
By the way, this was after the coup.

As many of us know, it was something more about fear rather than Respect.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Remember this post years from now,when someone in the family get shot

with an empty gun. Most people get shot with empty guns,I think the

elders will agree that a seed is being planted in the mind.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Agreed.

Here in the USA (especially Texas) where guns are so common gun safety is taught young.

That tyke is a bit too young, but you should start as soon as the little ones can talk and understand. My Dad took me out when I was 8 or so, and under close supervision, allowed me to shoot a 22 pistol, with lots and lots of instruction, before, during, and after. It stuck. It was a bad day to be a can that day.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
My Dad took me out when I was 8 or so, and under close supervision, allowed me to shoot a 22 pistol, with lots and lots of instruction, before, during, and after.
me too. He told me I would get that gun when I grew up, but he sold it. Later when I was 10 or so I got a pellet gun and then around 12 or 13 I got a .22 rifle. Spent many a day alone in the woods with that .22. I could shoot a dragonfly off a cattail from the opposite bank of the river with no scope. I doubt I could even hit a basketball at that distance these days.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Pistol is Browning Hi-Power (or clone) they are available in 9mm (clones 9mm/40 cal).
The bore looks huge in the pic because the child is so small..

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It was a bad day to be a can that day.
I've killed many empty cans but I can't convince myself to shoot an animal.

Got interrupted by a phone call. Anyway, I was going to say I'm lucky that you don't have to shoot your food in this country (USA). I'd have to go through some changes to be able to do that. I only keep the family farm safe from empty cans that people throw out as they drive by.

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Yep gerty, it's a Browning Hi-Power Type III in 9x19mm Luger aka 9MM NATO.
One of John Brownings' more popular designs, but I certainly prefer the M1911 and variants chambered in .45 ACP.

I started off with a BB gun when I was quite young, and then Dad gave me a Remington single-shot bolt-action .22 caliber rifle when I was five. I never took it into the woods; our neighborhood was not rural enough. Instead, my Dad got me involved in the National Rifle Association's Juniors Program, which is very good. I stayed involved with that program from the time I was five until not long before I entered the Marine Corps.

Although my Dad had a number of handguns/pistols, I was not allowed to handle or fire any of them until I was in my teenage years. This does make sense, because it is all too easy to momentarily forget that you need to keep the muzzle of the firearm pointed in a safe direction at all times, and pistols being rather short are much easier to point in random directions than a rifle is.

My niece is on active duty in the US Air Force in the Security Forces, which is what the Air Force calls their military police. Her daughter just had her first birthday, and one of her presents was a .22 caliber single shot rifle. Of course, it's going to be a few years before she's ready for it... ;)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
This was something our government decided to do.
It was an evening show off of somekind. Kids get to hold real guns. I did not go. As for our little guy, his dad is in MP, so it's kinda in the family.
And for kids who really cannot tell between a toy and plastic.

Many were concerned. What abt the kids who knew what they are handling. It was some kinda thing they decided to do.
By the way, this was after the coup.

As many of us know, it was something more about fear rather than Respect.
Yah I remember the headlines. They did it at our AFB too. Had the kids holding unloaded TOWs and stuff. They were a bit older then this kid though and had obvious military surrounding him. Headline was Bring you kid to work day in the military.