Stop Email alerts

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I have unchecked "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" on the contacts detail page.

And I have unchecked the "and receive email notifications of replies" on the preference page.

But I am still receiving email alerts. Is there another tick somewhere?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Is this happening for new posts or just old posts. If it's an old post, you have to unwatch it manually if you had email alerts enabled when you originally posted.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I sure hope not. I do not want to unwatch those threads. I just don't want an email alert. Do I have to untick "Receive site mailings" under contact details page too?

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
I sure hope not. I do not want to unwatch those threads. I just don't want an email alert. Do I have to untick "Receive site mailings" under contact details page too?

That's odd that you continue to receive emails. I suppose it's worth unticking that box too. Please keep me updated if that fixes things.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Absolutely. I will want to resume email alerts. Just want to turn it off temporarily.

I'm having some operator (me) problems with ignorance of my email program.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
jrap, I changed that 3rd tick (logged out and back in) several hours ago and am still receiving email alerts.
And sorry to report, for several hours earlier, was not getting alerts here while online, but still getting email alerts.

BUT I seem to be getting site alerts again now.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What if later he changes his mind? Could that condition be truly reverted?
Are you joking? When a person enters data into a computer, he just proved that he has access to that information and he has access to where to enter it. Whenever a person enters information into a computer, he can enter different information at a later time. At least that's how my computer works.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Are you joking? When a person enters data into a computer, he just proved that he has access to that information and he has access to where to enter it. Whenever a person enters information into a computer, he can enter different information at a later time. At least that's how my computer works.
Mine too, No. 12.

More than joking, I am having in mind one of the forums where I participate. No matter how many times I delete it, a link to my old website is still shown in my profile. I have control of what data I enter. What the other side does, is not under my control. The core of my concern is that.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I see. You have gone to a website that refuses to allow you to delete an old address or link.
That's why one of my suggestions was, "enter a false address".
Every bit of input you provide can be sold. Website programmers don't want to lose any data, even if it's wrong.
What's the worst that can happen? People keep clicking on an address that doesn't work?