stm32f4 Basic Circuit + soldering

skusku

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Hello

I am looking to start with basic circuit for the ARM series. Wanting to run 7" TFT LCD I was thinking of using a STM32F4 series.

On ebay this is the cheapest basic circuit which I can find for the F4 series.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272405771367.

I see the chip can go up to 168Mhz, but if the description in the ebay link states 4 to 26Mhz.

1) Is this the speed this board will run at?
2) Surely at 24Mhz it will load the TFT screen very slow?
3) If the above two statements are correct, why would they downscale a board to 24Mhz if it can go much faster?

4) 1st prize is to create a single PCB with everything on that I need including the STM32F4 (without then buying the development board) but I
have not soldered TQFP before. What is the easiest way? Even getting the chinese to make the PCB + provide the microprocessor + solder the TQFP part for me would be a nice option.

Thanks

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hello

I am looking to start with basic circuit for the ARM series. Wanting to run 7" TFT LCD I was thinking of using a STM32F4 series.

On ebay this is the cheapest basic circuit which I can find for the F4 series.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272405771367.

I see the chip can go up to 168Mhz, but if the description in the ebay link states 4 to 26Mhz.

1) Is this the speed this board will run at?
2) Surely at 24Mhz it will load the TFT screen very slow?
3) If the above two statements are correct, why would they downscale a board to 24Mhz if it can go much faster?
They are quoting the xtal frequency. The chip can run at 168MHz and higher. I have pushed the chip to 200MHz.
STM32F746 will run beyond 200MHz.

skusku

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Mr Chips, but with the xtal currently on that board, is it running at 24mhz then?

I would like to take that ebay development board and plug it into my own pcb with the circuitry connected to a 7" TFT LCD.
Would this be possible with the 24Mhz or will it load the graphics super slow.