1. Poul Meinhard Poulsen

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Hello

I've just managed to get this awesome STM32F334 Discovery board, which has this big light dimming rectangular Cube on it.
    I'm wondering if anyone has got some ideas or previous work in this, because im on a misson/project, to learn everything about this board, and what it can be used for.
    I would appreciate your help if helping me fulfilling this task.
    As for now, i've run the demo and some other small exercises/tests. But by the end of this week, I will hopefully be capable of understanding everything about the advantages and disadvantages.
    So my question for you is:

Is there any similiar board out there?
    Is this board worth working on, or is it a waste of time?
    What would be the ideal use of this board?
    This light dimming cube, what is it exactly?

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Did you read the accompanying documentation that comes with the board and available on ST's website?

The purpose of the board and all ST DISCOVERY boards is for training purposes, i.e. for you to learn and experiment with the processor's hardware capabilities and software development.

The STM32F334 Discovery includes a buck/boost DC/DC converter and a high intensity LED. There is a demo application for dimming the LED.

If you have no plans for using any ST mcu then yes, it would be a waste of time.