Sticky threads

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Sometimes, when I respond to a thread, I get this warning:

This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to that thread.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect
I assume that message may be from taking too long (>5 minutes) with the response window open before posting. It also results in the thread being sticky. Double clicking the return button seems to help get back to the main forum/sub-forum.

John

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've been meaning to mention that, it is new behavior since the board upgrade. I get it regularly, no matter what computer. Don't recall seeing it on Firefox, but I don't spend a lot of time using it, I'll post if it does.

From here it acts like a doubleclick, but I don't think that's what is happening.

I don't think it is a timeout issue, but I could be wrong.

Appears the board has a sense of humor, did it when I entered this post.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
This is an odd one - the problem is very sporadic. I have raised this with Rob, although the intermittent behaviour of this issue will make it difficult to diagnose. There are a few first step we can take to see if this is a vB issue.

Thanks for letting us know, although I am not happy it is happening, I am at least pleased to hear that it is not just the mods this is happening to!

Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this soon. Anyone else who is experiencing this, please feel free to chip in.

EDIT: Just did it now! :D

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The forum software has gone through an upgrade. If this problem persists please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks.

Dave