Stereo started smoking!!!!!!!

EarlAnderson

Joined Nov 13, 2011
Your parents think you're crazy for listening to vinyl records? You must have very young parents :eek:;)

I grew up with vinyls, and to tell you the truth, I often still prefer them over modern CDs. Nothing beats the old hisses, crackles, and pops throughout a song. It's like a testament of the entire life of the record :)
My parents are like 40 years old. The irony of it is is that they grew up when records were popular, and I'm a 14 year old kid growing up in the digital age.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
My parents are like 40 years old. The irony of it is is that they grew up when records were popular, and I'm a 14 year old kid growing up in the digital age.
Seems backwards to me, but okay :D

It's incredible how many people your age nowadays don't even know what a cassette tape is, much less a vinyl LP! I'm glad you had the exposure to the classic record types, as well as the modern ones. It really gives you a larger musical education, in my opinion ;)

EarlAnderson

Joined Nov 13, 2011
We may be straying off topic, but I think you should read this and this.

View attachment 45200

The point is, digital music can and should be far superior to older delivery methods, but today's producers are ruining the recordings, on purpose. "Remastered" can equal FUBAR.
Which is the whole reason i listen to vinyl. I dont know if there ever is gonna be an end to the loudness wars. One of the reasons why vinyl sales are going up every year.

I guess we all have different opinions