Step Down Transformer

lekhanhvinh

Joined Oct 18, 2010
I am looking for same cheap transformer that can take 110V/60Hz (US Standard) to 10-12V. I found some for ~40 (Euro without shipping cost + shipped from England). Would anyone provide some suggestion for this type of transformer avaible in US market? I am very appreciated

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Perhaps you will be better of with a powerful switchmode powersupply. Many of these can be used with both 110 and 220 volt AC. And it will also have the needed approvals. It will probably cost less than a big transformer. Just a friendly tip :)

lekhanhvinh

Joined Oct 18, 2010
Perhaps you will be better of with a powerful switchmode powersupply. Many of these can be used with both 110 and 220 volt AC. And it will also have the needed approvals. It will probably cost less than a big transformer. Just a friendly tip :)
Thank for answering. Can you provide an AC to AC powerful switchmode powersupply that can do 110V/60Hz int to have 12V/15A out?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Thank for answering. Can you provide an AC to AC powerful switchmode powersupply that can do 110V/60Hz int to have 12V/15A out?
It is hard to recommend something since I do not know which country you live in. I suggest you do a search on the net for vendors in your area. Find some alternatives then post them here for comments.
It would also be useful to more about your application

lekhanhvinh

Joined Oct 18, 2010
It is hard to recommend something since I do not know which country you live in. I suggest you do a search on the net for vendors in your area. Find some alternatives then post them here for comments.
It would also be useful to more about your application
Thank you very much:)
I decided to go with transformer and rectifier :D