Staying in a motel

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I'm on a business trip, at the Quality Inn. I have next door neighbors who apparently are running a puppy mill in their room. The deaf one's name is "Craw" or "Crawl" - I know this because for the 90 seconds it takes Crawl to open the door, the kid (who has come in and gone out 8 times now) stands at the door yelling "CRAW CRAWL CRAW CRAWL" BANG BANG BANG BARK BARK BARK "CRAWL CRAWL CRAWL." When craw/crawl finally answers the door, the kid goes in, slams the door, yells at Crawl, yells at the puppies, stays dormant for no more than 5 minutes, then leaves and slams the door, then he's back again in 5-10 minutes to repeat the routine. I need a snickers.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I'm on a business trip, at the Quality Inn. I have next door neighbors who apparently are running a puppy mill in their room. The deaf one's name is "Craw" or "Crawl" - I know this because for the 90 seconds it takes Crawl to open the door, the kid (who has come in and gone out 8 times now) stands at the door yelling "CRAW CRAWL CRAW CRAWL" BANG BANG BANG BARK BARK BARK "CRAWL CRAWL CRAWL." When craw/crawl finally answers the door, the kid goes in, slams the door, yells at Crawl, yells at the puppies, stays dormant for no more than 5 minutes, then leaves and slams the door, then he's back again in 5-10 minutes to repeat the routine. I need a snickers.
Go to the front desk (don't call) and request another room. Better to spend 30 minutes moving than all night stewing.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Go to the front desk (don't call) and request another room. Better to spend 30 minutes moving than all night stewing.
I agree with that advice. Don't mince words when explaining how your reasonable expectations are failing to be met. If you have any more trouble after that, check out and go to another hotel.

Brian Griffin

Joined May 17, 2013
Sorry that you have to put up with these nuisance. How on this universe they can rent a room for a puppy farm?

In the nation I stay, puppy farms sometimes exist in residential areas. I have seen one, and it wasn't in good sight. The female dog was caged, with lack of good food, poor hygiene and the occupants would sell the offspring with a price

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Do not try to sleep in a New Orleans motel during Mardi Gras. Just as loud, but without the puppies. People banging on my door at midnight wanting me to hurry up and check out so they can have the room 12 hours before the real check out time. I got 2 hours of sleep and continued west with a horrible attitude.:mad:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Well, they've quieted down now. I guess the season finale of the government put them to sleep.

Your first post shows, 3:59am and then when they calmed down 5:something.

If that's true, I'm feeling for ya man. I don't do well without sleep, at all.

Hang in there.

kv

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Do not try to sleep in a New Orleans motel during Mardi Gras.
People actually sleep in New Orleans during Mardi Gras? Silly losers.. :p
Sleeping is ONLY allowed when you pass out with at least 10 sets of beads around your neck and have had at least 4 "hand grenades" .