State table correction

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The second row corresponds to the state 00 with an input of 1. Since this is a Moore machine, the output is irrelevant to the state. The corresponding output is 0, as defined by the figure in step 3.

In the same manner, the output of the state 01 is defined as 1.

I don't see something wrong here. Please check back and let me know what you think.

manulal

Joined Dec 6, 2010
As per the definition in step 3, the output Y in the second row (NEXT STATE) should be 1. Output Y in third row should be zero as clock pulse has changed and input is zero. In fourth row again output should be zero as the system is in the state 10.

manulal

Joined Dec 6, 2010
I misunderstood the out put to be of the next state. When I took the out put as that of the current state itself, the diagram made sense.

I stand corrected.

manulal

Joined Dec 6, 2010
I don't have to finish it to tell you. I started with Volume 1 and presently am in Volume 4. I got to tell you that this site is amazing. You won't believe how great a help this site was to me. I had shared this site with a number of my friends in the past. This was one of my posts in FB which got me most number of likes!! (most of my friends are from technical background)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The value of the AAC e-book is well known. Many people have worked so that it is what it is so far.
I was referring to my own contribution, the FSM tutorial, which is relatively new.

Using the FB to spread knowledge, eh? That's new...

manulal

Joined Dec 6, 2010
Oh I am sorry. I did not realize George Zogopoulos Papaliakos is you!! FSM section is great of course. It made me think like “Is digital design that simple?” ha ha… of course I know it is not! Thanks man for this excellent contribution..