Starting my own business

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Yes, both programs are ABET accredited. I am doing the ASES>BSEE route as a sort of insurance. If you compare the ASES>BSEE program to the UH 4yr BSEE program they are almost identical. The difference is, if you walk away from the ASES>BSEE in the middle, you still walk away with a degree, and it has "Engineering" in it. That, and it's much cheaper.

I'll make sure not to take those 3 at once.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
Good deal on the ABET accreditation - you should be good then.

The difference is, if you walk away from the ASES>BSEE in the middle, you still walk away with a degree, and it has "Engineering" in it.
The problem with that approach is that walking away from something in the middle of it sends a bigger message to a potential employer than actually completing your goal.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
The problem with that approach is that walking away from something in the middle of it sends a bigger message to a potential employer than actually completing your goal.
I agree! But the point I'm trying to make is that if I walked away from the UH BSEE program in the middle, I would walk away with half a degree - an obvious "I gave up" flag. If I walked away from the UT program in the middle, I would walk away with a complete degree, an Associates of [...] Engineering. And I could always just say that was my goal.

If the unthinkable happens and I do throw my hands up in defeat, I will be applying for technician jobs again, and usually these positions, if they require a degree, only require an associates. I would like to be able to put a check in that box, where I wouldn't be able to with half a Bachelors.