Stabilizer diagram????

ahmedahmedahmed

Joined Nov 12, 2007
HI
First : I need it to learn on it.

Second : In our city the voltage needs stabilizer

Just for any one who have it to put for me.

Two stabilizers: one for single phase and other for three phase with one kilo VA

Thanks

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Maybe you should ask the people who supply you with unstable electricity how to stabilize its voltage.
Maybe you should ask them why don't they stabilize it like in most other places.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
There are two main types I'm aware of.

'Tap Changers', which adjust settings on a transformer or autotransformer to maintain a constant output (or for smaller loads can have a servo motor turning a continuously variable 'Variac' transformer).

'Constant Voltage Transformers', which are strange beasts I've used but never fully understood.. These have an extra winding tuned by a capacitor, and somehow this affects the properties of the core to maintain a fixed output voltage.

Due to the resonant part of the device, these also maintain the output voltage for a cycle or so of the input glitches...

For three phase, you need a three phase transformer or three x single phase units.

Audioguru:
Stabilised at the source does not mean stable at the destination!
Ask anyone fed via a looong overhead line or in a big industrial plant etc.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
You need more than tap changers or CVTs at the generator end, these are for the user end or last step down stage.

You need control circuitry to monitor the demand, and adjust the output of the gensets accordingly.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
This is not the way to behave, in a forum like this. You have not got any diagram because no one has a diagram that they can post here. Try Google

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why do people who live on the other side (3rd world) ask questions about their weird electricity here? Why don't they ask the people who live there?

My electricity is reliable and has its voltage regulated the way it should be.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Thanks for all

All I need wiring diagram for voltage stabilizer which is regulate the voltage in the output.
Do you have one already that you need to know how to wire up?

In that case, what is the name of the manufacturer and the model number of the unit?

If you do not have one already, what is your AC voltage, frequency, and power requirement?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Why do people who live on the other side (3rd world) ask questions about their weird electricity here? Why don't they ask the people who live there?
I think this was a very futile comment. Many poster come from outside US/Canada. I live in Scandinavia. So for your information peacefully Ontario, in Canada is not the center of the world. I also think that ahmedahmedahmedJunior question was a question well inside the scope of this forum.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
hi everybody

I need a wiring diagram for AC voltage stabilizer

Thanks
Dear Ahmed ^3:

There are a few approaches to this. Probably the most practical for a home user is a UPS and inverter. By "rolling your own" AC, you will be fairly immune to instabilities in long transmission lines. Plus you get the benefit of a small degree of emergency power.

For higher power/industrial applications, it's generally more efficient to use an autotransformer or tapped transformer with a voltage sensor and servo controller. This is how large substations regulate the "downstream" voltage. I'm not sure what your exact situation is, but there are always effective ways of doing this. Rather than reinventing the wheel, you might see what your neighbors are doing. I know in Thailand, the power companies will actually loan or rent voltage stabilizers to some rural villages.

(Note to Audioguru: You need to visit a third world country some time.)

Eric

ahmedahmedahmed

Joined Nov 12, 2007
Thanks to all

1- I don't have the responsible about the voltage in our country (Gaza-Palestine) Just come and see.
2- I need the voltage stabilizer to learn as (electrical engineer).
3- The thing I need is wiring diagram for ( Ac voltage stabilizer with four relays to change the volt if there was a loosing in it) (the stabilizer can support two devices like freezer and refrigerator)
maybe it will be 1KW.
4- I think this diagram have op-amp

If anyone have this or can help me having this , just give me

Again
Thanks for all

Ahmed Hassan

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why would I visit a 3rd-world country? No thanks.
My electricity is always 121VAC and fails only a couple of times per year for a few seconds during a thunder storm.