Square Wave

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Bigcountry, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Bigcountry

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 4, 2008
    I am physics class and the lab portion the class did an experiment " The RC Circuit with an AC Source." We used an oscilloscope, function generator,capacitors and resistors. We were able to create square and saw tooth sine waves.

I was wondering if this is the same thing (basically the same idea) has they use in a tig welder that is marked squared wave. Such as, the link below.

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/Equipment/Pages/product.aspx?product=K1478-5(LincolnElectric)

Thanks

2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I down't know what a saw tooth sine wave is, and your link is coming up as "Product Not Found", but almost certainly what they are doing is considerably different than what you did in your lab. But it's pretty hard to say, since you don't describe what you did in your lab -- and since we aren't mind readers....

3. Veracohr

Jan 3, 2011
  4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    The name they are using appears to just refer to their technique for getting fast transition times. That probably has little, if anything, to do with the still unrevealed things you did in your lab.