spirometer

hvc123

Joined Aug 2, 2012
i m making the spirometer using ir led & sensor... a fan is in between them.. when a person blow to the fan... it will rotate nd there will be change in ir sensir output... when the flap of the fan cuts the ir ray there is pulse genrated on output side... now i have to count this pulses using 89c51 microcontroller and display it on lcd...
i m ready with my sensor part... pls help me with controller part... about circuit, interfacing with lcd nd programing....

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If it was me, I'd use a bicycle computer. Cheap and built just for this type of thing, with lots of ready-made features.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
i m ready with my sensor part... pls help me with controller part... about circuit, interfacing with lcd nd programing....
Since you have the sensor part, it looks like this you are looking for uC and LCD interface and programming. Maybe the forum moderators will move this to the appropriate forum...Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers.

Ken

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
There should not be a need for an external frequency to voltage converter. You can do the frequency-to-flow rate conversion in software.

Ken

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
You said you were using a 89c51 microcontroller. Do you not know how to program it? I can't help you with that. Maybe you can explain what you have for resources and your knowledge level.

Ken

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Sensor Design & Implementation 13