SPIRITUAL ZONE - EVERYONE'S INVITED

Status
Not open for further replies.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
To attempt proof of the existence or nonexistence of Deity is a waste of time. Faith in the nonexistence of Deity will suffice for the atheist just as well as faith in the existent of Deity suffices for the theist. Faith obviates the need of proof for both theist and atheist. Whether or not the Divine "exists" consensually is simply irrelevant.

The concept of Divinity exists. What each individual does with this concept is of paramount importance in the life of said individual. Only a Zealot would choose to impose their own choice upon another. What surprises me is the frequency and enthusiasm of proselytizing by atheists.

--

For now, I'm off to commune with Akashic spirits. See all of you next week!

--

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Ultimately, it comes to one thing, whether we believe in God or not doesn't make any difference to Him as every creature is blessed by His divine love equally.

It's just like whether you believe in the existence of the Sun or not, the Sun still keeps shining without any bias and provides life giving energy to all living creatures.
Cheers! :)

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ultimately, it comes to one thing, whether we believe in God or not doesn't make any difference to Him as every creature is blessed by His divine love equally.

It's just like whether you believe in the existence of the Sun or not, the Sun still keeps shining without any bias and provides life giving energy to all living creatures.
Cheers! :)
Verily, for God is the most gracious and most merciful. Ameen. :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Now if we can only get those solar cells up in efficiency and down in cost, He can power my computer as well as provide my sustenance! He does love giving us challenges. We have to work within the rules, but He seems to delight in giving us escape clauses and back doors, if we can find em.

Thank you Lord, and Amen.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
I must say 'Bruce Almighty' is a pretty influential movie. The challenges we face in our everyday life and the way we solve them are nothing less than a miracle of the good Lord. :)

P.S. Oh yes! and Jim Carrey is one of my favourite actors ;) God bless ya'all.

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
Belief in the existence of God or in the existence of the sun are fundamentally different. We have an abundance of evidence to support the existence of the sun, based on what we can physically see and feel, by what we are aware of using devices that can sense other radiation and particles emitted by the sun, by the effects the sun has on plants, tides, and so on. We can make predictions about the future behavior of the sun (e.g., it will rise and set tomorrow at particular times). As far as I know, it is not possible for any human to make any sort of verifiable prediction about what God will do at any given time.

So although I personally believe in God, I don't have any solid evidence for that belief, not through any of my senses or by means of any sort of electronic sensor. The reasons I have, namely the seeming orderliness of the universe and the complexity of the DNA mechanism of living organisms makes me lean toward the existence of God, but doesn't consititute proof for me.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
So although I personally believe in God, I don't have any solid evidence for that belief, not through any of my senses or by means of any sort of electronic sensor.
I agree with that too.

The reasons I have, namely the seeming orderliness of the universe and the complexity of the DNA mechanism of living organisms makes me lean toward the existence of God, but doesn't consititute proof for me.
Like the watchmaker analogy?

Cheers.

BoyntonStu

Joined Apr 18, 2009
Belief in the existence of God or in the existence of the sun are fundamentally different. We have an abundance of evidence to support the existence of the sun, based on what we can physically see and feel, by what we are aware of using devices that can sense other radiation and particles emitted by the sun, by the effects the sun has on plants, tides, and so on. We can make predictions about the future behavior of the sun (e.g., it will rise and set tomorrow at particular times). As far as I know, it is not possible for any human to make any sort of verifiable prediction about what God will do at any given time.

So although I personally believe in God, I don't have any solid evidence for that belief, not through any of my senses or by means of any sort of electronic sensor. The reasons I have, namely the seeming orderliness of the universe and the complexity of the DNA mechanism of living organisms makes me lean toward the existence of God, but doesn't consititute proof for me.

Are colliding galaxies orderly?

How about being sucked into a black hole?

In about 11 Billion years just before our Sun explodes, I wonder what humankind will believe, (assuming that we last that long)?

BoyntonStu

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
In about 11 Billion years just before our Sun explodes, I wonder what humankind will believe, (assuming that we last that long)? BoyntonStu
I did think about that too, and I believe that by that time, again, assuming that we last that long, mankind would have already gone into a stage of space civilization. So we might have a backup plan to survive that. (Funny, it reminds me of Star Wars, Star Trek, etc :D)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Why are the galaxies colliding, is it a purely random event?
I don't think it's that "random" as such in the sense that it's following some laws of Physics we probably aren't yet that familiar with. And again, nothing proves how these laws of Physics came into existence in the first place. Have the laws of nature been in existence all the time?:confused: How about time itself? Has there been time all the time?:confused: Are these the kind of questions we ask ourselves and find no other explanation rather than to believe in a Superior Deity?

Thanks.

Last edited:

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
I repeat, the measure of the Supreme Being is not thru external instruments but ourselves. When we do unethical things to others our consience bites...to tell us that this is against the order of nature. Nature in itself is subservient to the Supreme Being.

God is an entity to be experienced thru inner science and cannot be measured thru external instruments.

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
"Are these the kind of questions we ask ourselves and find no other explanation rather than to believe in a Superior Deity?"

I think a rational person can accept that some questions cannot be answered at the present time but that in time new knowledge may answer some of them. It's not required to accept a religious faith to provide an immediate if not mysterious answer.

Lefty

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
I repeat, the measure of the Supreme Being is not thru external instruments but ourselves. When we do unethical things to others our consience bites...to tell us that this is against the order of nature. Nature in itself is subservient to the Supreme Being.

God is an entity to be experienced thru inner science and cannot be measured thru external instruments.
The classic faith over knowledge conundrum :cool: It doesn't satisfy all.

Lefty

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
"Are these the kind of questions we ask ourselves and find no other explanation rather than to believe in a Superior Deity?"

I think a rational person can accept that some questions cannot be answered at the present time but that in time new knowledge may answer some of them. It's not required to accept a religious faith to provide an immediate if not mysterious answer.

Lefty
And I think that could be the point where rational atheists think why we believe in God if something might be explained later on when the knowledge would be acquired.

Thanks.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I have noticed that the more God is removed, the uglier the world seems to be in terms of violence, theft, betrayal, etc.

Is that "proof" of God? No. I believe it is all related. However, I'm not sure which is the illness and which are the symptoms.

Nearly all wars in known history have had some aspect of religion/faith in the Casus Belli. Granted, in the earlier wars, both "sides" believed in God, but disagreed in What God Wanted. Some thought "Their God" would give them unlimited power, if they won the war, it was "proof" for them.

Looking at the different religions, and looking at the different archaelogical discoveries definitely points to SOMETHING uniting humankind, development of agriculture at roughly the same time across the globe, the use of metal, Mexican and African Pyramids, and other examples. Developments which couldn't be communicated from one region to another with known technology at that time.

Sometimes I do wonder as well if this discussion came up 200 billion years ago, on a forum much like this one. What if there is a huge "killoff" leaving a few hundred surviving? The only records would be word of mouth, all electronic information is gone, paper would be gone in a few hundred years. Survivors could only recant what their grandparents told them, the rest of the time hunting, farming, or fishing 18 hours a day to simply stay alive. Could several such groups of survivors rebuilt Earth to how we see it currently? All of the "Evidence" of a civilzation as advanced as we currently are long since cycled into and out of the Earth's magma?

Status
Not open for further replies.