speed sensor

stroaker1

Joined May 4, 2013
Greetings:
need help identifying component, I believe it is a transistor, it sits at the end of a motor which has disk on the end of the shaft that has 6 miniature magnets imbedded in it, the tip of the transistor is close to the disk and sends a signal to a motor controller, what I need to know if it is a transistor and where I can find one. see photo. there is a number stamp on it 30E
DSC00060.jpg

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Greetings:
need help identifying component, I believe it is a transistor, it sits at the end of a motor which has disk on the end of the shaft that has 6 miniature magnets imbedded in it, the tip of the transistor is close to the disk and sends a signal to a motor controller, what I need to know if it is a transistor and where I can find one. see photo. there is a number stamp on it 30E
View attachment 55279
It's a hall effect sensor, a pretty well toasted one at that!:eek:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Oh dear! That fellow has been hurt!
The best you can do is look up Hall Effect transistors or sensors and try to buy one, then try to figure out which wire goes where. I use www.mouser.com to buy parts but their shipping charges are awfully high for a single transistor. Then there is the fact that nobody here can guess which wire goes where from the information you have presented.