speech operated system

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by hallian, Jan 5, 2014.

1. hallian

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hi everyone
    Guys project which is assigned to me is to operate led with my voice
    I have came across a couple of circuits i tried to implement them on proteus IsIS but was unable to provide audio signal in order to get my output
    if anyone of u guys have any idea about this please help me out currently i am in 3 semester and it is really giving me a tough time

2. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    You can simulate audio input from a mic by using an AC voltage source that puts out a few millivolts. You'll need an amplifier to amplify the signal to a few volts which can then be seen on the LED.

I am assuming you want the LED to flash/change brightness depending on your voice. Or do you want it to turn on when you say "ON", or something like that instead?

3. hallian

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 2, 2014
    thanks DerStrom8
    i actually want to turn ON the led when i speak
    currently i am working on following circuit
    [​IMG]

this circuit will be activated when it gets an audio signal and it will remain ON till it gets the audio signal
    and i was thinking to use led's instead of relay

4. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I see. I would say you'll need a flip-flop, and probably a 555 timer to put in the delay, so that it doesn't re-trigger immediately. You can still use an AC voltage source to provide a simulated audio input. I would feed it into an amplifier (as suggested before) to bring up the signal amplitude, and feed it into a 555 timer wired for one-shot operation. This will give a small delay so that you have time to finish your "on" command before it re-triggers. The output of the 555 could feed into the flip-flop, so each output pulse from the 555 would activate it (either turn it on or off). The flip-flop would then drive the LED.

That's just how I'd do it, though I would understand if you'd rather use discrete components. However it will require a bit more work and more complex wiring. Using a 555 timer and a flip-flop (and an op-amp for the amplifier) would make things a lot simpler, i think.

5. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Google "clapper" Last time I looked, there were lots of schematics for this. Pick the one that looks most promising.

6. 4pyros

Jan 3, 2014
    You can try this;
    [​IMG]

7. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi Andy--

Is that latched though? I don't see how it would turn on with one sound and turn off with the next....?

8. 4pyros

Jan 3, 2014
    Opps sorry not latched but it does pre amp a mic.

9. 4pyros

Jan 3, 2014
  10. sheldons

Oct 26, 2011
    Heres a simple one ........

11. 4pyros

Jan 3, 2014
    That will not run off a mic or latch.
    The OP is looking for something more like a clapper, only for an LED.