Speech compression VS Analog audio ?

gargoor

Joined Jan 5, 2009
Hello

I would like to communicate Audio between two devices or more for as bigger range as possible while sending a txt to be displayed other data. So there will be also a control chip. Now

Which to choose ?
SA58646

CS6422

The 1st sends data Via FM , has an amp & gain control for mic and earphone. It also has a transciever which uses FM to transmit and recieve

The latter , has an amp & gain control for mic and speaker. Plus it has ADC and DAC and dual Delta sigma codec. And am willing to use a CC1101 as transciever.

the first does the transcieving by FM but doesn't has codec
The second has codec and transcieving can be done by 2-FSK, 4-FSK, GFSK, MSK , OOK

My confusion is : Is speech compression important so i can TRx it via FSK or just transfer the audio analog via FM?

I hope i was clear enough , your suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards​

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Speech compression is only required if you need to reduce the data rate. Thus telepone circuits use compression since they want to minimize the bandwidth required to transmit all the many voice signals they are carrying.

Suggestion: Don't do your posts with centered margins. It makes them hard to read.

gargoor

Joined Jan 5, 2009
thanks for your reply and suggestion. What about the reliability , is it the same ?

What about the FM vs FSK would both do the work effeciently?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
If you can tell the max datarate of the communications, and a good estimate of average datarate, people can suggest options for sound+data encoding.

gargoor

Joined Jan 5, 2009
If you can tell the max datarate of the communications, and a good estimate of average datarate, people can suggest options for sound+data encoding.
limits arent specified. I understood G.711 can produce 64kbps out of 8kbps sample rate. but can G.711 library be used by any chip or the chip must be compatible to it. For example, CS6422 datasheet mentioned
""The CS6422 consists of telephone & audio interfaces,
two codecs and an echo-cancelling DSP."" nothing about the max datarate.